(M/N) expected to see a smug or sarcastic expression on his face, but Denki's look was strangely quizzical. He glanced between (M/N) and Katsuki, as if trying to figure something out, then gave his head a slight shake as if to clear it. "How are you?" he asked Katsuki. "Do you think you can move on?"

"Yeah-" Katsuki began.

"No, he has to rest," (M/N) said, wiping away at his now wet cheeks. He noticed a gleam of gold on Katsuki's chest. He reached out and retrieved the disc that hung from a chain around his neck. (M/N)'s mockingjay had been engraved on it. "Is this your token?"

"Yes. Do you mind that I used your mockingjay? I wanted us to match," Katsuki said.

"No, of course I don't mind." (M/N) forced a smile. Katsuki showing up in the arena wearing a mockingjay was both a blessing and a curse. On the one hand, it would give a boost to the rebels in the districts. On the other hand, it was hard for him to imagine that President Nezu would overlook it, and that made the job of keeping Katsuki alive harder.

"So you want to make a camp here, then?" Denki asked.

"I don't think that's an option," Katsuki answered. "Staying here. With no water. No protection. I feel fine, really. We can just go slowly." He directed that last past at (M/N) to help ease his nerves.

"Slowly would be better than not at all." Denki said. (M/N) pulled himself together and helped Katsuki to his feet. Since (M/N) got up this morning he had watched Keigo get beaten to a pulp, landed in another arena, and seen Katsuki die. Still, he was glad Denki kept playing the child card for him, because from a sponsor's point of view, he wasn't handling things all that well.

(M/N) checked over his weapons, which he knew were in perfect condition, because it made him seem more in control. "I'll take the lead," he announced.

Katsuki began to object but Denki cut him off. "No, let him do it." He frowned at (M/N). "You knew that force field was there, didn't you? Right at the last second? You started to give a warning." (M/N) gave a nod. "How did you know?"

(M/N) hesitated. To reveal that he knew Tenya and Ochaco's trick of recognizing the force field could be dangerous. (M/N) didn't know if the Gamemakers made note of that moment during training when the two pointed it out to him or not. One way or the other, he had a very valuable piece of information. And if they knew he had it, they could try to do something to alter the force field so (M/N) couldn't see the aberration any more. So he lied. "I don't know. It's almost as if I could hear it. Listen." Everyone went still. There was the sound of insects, birds, and the breeze in the foliage.

"I don't hear anything," Katsuki said.

"Yes," (M/N) insisted. "It's like when the fence around District Twelve is on, only much, much quieter." Everyone listened again intently. (M/N) did, too, although there was nothing to hear. "There!" (M/N) said. "Can't you guys hear it? It's coming from right where Katsuki got shocked.

"I don't hear it, either," Denki said. "But if you do, by all means, take the lead."

(M/N) decided to play this for all it was worth. "That's weird," he said. He turned his head from side to side as if puzzled. "I can only hear it out of my left ear."

"The one the doctors repaired?" Katsuki asked.

"Yeah," (M/N) said, then gave a shrug. "Maybe they did a better job than they thought. You know, sometimes I do hear funny things on that side. Things you wouldn't normally think have a sound. Like insect wings. Or snow hitting the ground." This was perfect. Now all the attention would turn to the surgeons who fixed his deaf ear after the Games the previous year, and they'd have to explain why (M/N) could hear like a bat.