Day 02: This is a Fun Time

Chapter Five

          02: This is a Fun Time

          “I’d rather be crazy,

          I’d rather go insane.

          Than have you stalk my every thought,

          Than having you here inside my heart.”

          -Lose My Mind, The Wanted

          ***

          “Let’s go crazy, crazy, crazy ‘till we see the sun! I know we only met but let’s pretend it’s love! I’ll never, ever, ever stop for anyone. Tonight let’s get some, and live while we’re young!”

        Music blasted out somewhere in the room, interrupting my sleep. I didn’t know how to describe how I felt, but it was like someone slammed a door in my face three times, smashed my head open with a hammer two times, but then they stitched it up, and then they decided to crack it open like a coconut and drank out of it.

          Yeah, that sounded about right.

          I rolled over to my stomach and groaned into the soft pillow. It was probably morning already; I seriously dreaded waking up and go to school. Maybe I should call in sick today, would mom let me? Last time I faked being sick, she pulled me up by the hair and literally kicked me to school…okay that was a bit dramatic but it was close enough.

          I just had the best dream last night. The Wanted decided to let me come on tour with them and I went into their hotel…

          “Melanie, can you just get that damn phone?” someone asked, sounding groggy and irritated.  

          Wait…since when was there a guy on my bed?

          My eyes shot open to see a very tired looking Nathan stretching above me, looking around for something – probably looking for where the music was coming from.

          Oh. So it wasn’t a dream. 

          Rubbing my eyes with the back of my hand, I slowly sat up, feeling the blood rushing from head, making me grab the sheets in dizziness. After the blood was evened out in my body, I realized two things.

          One – Nathan James fucking Sykes was on my bed.

          Two – he was half naked.

          Three – damn, the sexy bed hair looked so good on him.

        Okay, that was technically three things, but you couldn’t blame me for not being able to think straight right now. My head felt like it was used as a punching bag. I noticed Nathan picking up the phone for me right before I closed my eyes.

          I slumped back on the wall over the bed, wondering what the hell happened last night. All I remembered is coming off the van, taking a shower, and then I was thinking about Zack…oh. That explained the headache.

          I was still rubbing my head when I caught onto Nathan’s conversation.

          “You want to talk to her?” Nathan asked whoever was on the other side of the phone.

          After hearing their answer, he shrugged and handed me the phone. “Your dad wants to talk to you.”

          Taking the phone, I put it to my ear and snuggled to bed. “Hi, daddy.”