Chapter 7: Red velvet is my weakness

Почніть із самого початку

“Yeah, whatever.” She replied, using Riley’s overused words. I scowled.

“Then chose your own outfit for all I care.” I retorted while receiving a text message. I laughed at it.

‘You’re terrible at ignoring people, just so you know.’ Riley and Christy looked at each other before going back to whatever they were doing prior to my interruption.

I replied with something along the lines of ‘What do you want?’ It was just a bit more colorful… and rude.

‘Hmm… since the offer is on the table, I want a lot of things. ;)’ He replied, making me laugh again. Yeah, like that’ll ever happen.

“Okay, who are you texting?” Riley asked, dropping his phone onto his lap as he glanced at me with a raised eyebrow. I thought quickly under their pressuring gazes.

“My telephone provider!” I replied, placing my phone into my pocket, ignoring the repeated vibration from cell phone.

“Pin her down.” Christy demanded as she leapt towards me like a tree frog as Riley pinned my arms and legs down by my sitting on me. He held my arms to my sides tightly while Christy dug her petite hand into my pocket. She took out my iPhone glaring at me.

“Code?” She enquired, glaring at the four digit pin number. I laughed loudly.

“YOU’LL NEVER CATCH ME ALIVE!” I shouted, shaking my head wildly.

“I don’t think you realize the position you’re in.” My so called best friend said, placing my phone into her pocket as she wriggled her fingers deviously.

“Don’t you dare tickle me; I will kick you in the face.” I threatened as Riley sat further onto my legs.

“What is the code? This is the last time I’m asking.” She said, crossing her arms.

“YOU’LL NEVER CATCH ME!” I shouted again, staring at the ceiling lifelessly. I felt Christy’s fingers attacking my sides, causing me to erupt into laughter and squirm like a worm. I was breathing heavily and laughing when she stopped.

“Now, will you tell me the code?” She asked, threatening me with more tickling. I shook my head.

“I won’t give up easily.” I said, catching my breath. My breathing was still heavy but I managed to breath at a normal pace.

“Are you texting one of those girls on the commercials? The one where they are half naked and telling you to text them for a fun time?” Riley asked, smirking as I shook my head at him, laughing lightly.

“I hate to do this to you.” She said, placing my phone down once more as she began tickling me again. I was laughing recklessly as she pulled back once more, asking again as I shook my head. We repeated this about 5 times until she threatened me with ice cold water, and I told her my pin number as she glanced at the texts and the person sending me the messages. Her jaw dropped as Riley asked her who it was.

“You text Cyrus Angelo?” She asked, her jaw dragging against the floor. I nodded, shrugging, well attempting to shrug.

“Yeah… it’s no biggie.” I said, getting up now that Riley was scrolling through my messages freely. I heard the buttons being clicked as he had a mischievous grin on his face. I heard the vibration of the phone on the glass of Christy’s side table as he quickly picked it up, grinning widely now.

“I guess I can leave now. Have fun on your double date… Christy, Maverly.” He said, walking out before tossing my phone on the farthest surface possible for me to reach. When I finally did, I heard his car engine revving to life as I unlocked my phone.