"Subjects? Alliance contract? You've got to be shittin me, boss. How could you side with Edmond? After everything you are willing to give up your Empire to that bastard?" He grits out, anger laced with each word.

I turn my head out and look out the window seeing the barracks from here, "all is in plan. Soon you will see it. But now, I've talked too much."

Dimitri stands up from the chair, "what subjects are you talking about?" He pries.

Sighing, "there still will be a War. Don't forget that. I'm just choosing a side---and I want you, Don, Sienna, and the rest to choose the side I'm not on." I change the subject from the subjects.

With that, he barges out the door of my office.

I'm on a roll with running people out of my office today.

But this is for the better. I told Dimitri what little I can give him.

This morning Julian showed me the Galeons transactions and the receipts that show subjects. I wasn't surprised about it.

Because I'm the one who bought those subjects---people.

It's the least I can do to save them having the soldiers open their barracks as a safe haven for the people I bought. That's why I gave my soldiers a gag order--to not let anyone outside know of this. If Edmond knew my true intentions, my plan will go to waste.

So for now, I'll be on the enemies side.

Sienna will hate me for this, I know she will.

But that's what I'm willing to do to protect her at all cost.

The event is close by, and time is running out. I need to find out more.

Picking up my phone I place a call.

"Stone, how are my subjects doing? You find them to your liking?" Edmond greets on the other line.

My jaw clenches, "da, indeed. Let's meet up tonight at our usual place. I have some more questions before bringing in the contract."

"See you then." He hangs up.

The bar is as empty as its always been, mainly because I give this bar my personal business alone which gives the owner a good advance at the end of each month.

I walk over to the booth in the shadows away from everything and take a seat.

If only it were that easy to take Edmonds life with every chance I get alone with him. But I can't, it wouldn't stop his Empire or his businesses. His wife or other soldiers would take reign. So I have to take precautions---even if it means forfeiting my own livelihood.

If I show Edmond that I'm willing to be on his side than he would have to share information.

One can only hope.

"My wife is starting to question my late nights all because of you." Edmond mentions by way of showing his appearance. He takes a seat across from me wearing an Italian grey suit, cigar in hand. "How's my daughter?" He asks.

Lifting a hand for the bartender I reply with, "two shots of tequila and a classic rum for this man." Ignoring Edmonds greetings.

I try to cool myself off at his blatant question of how Sienna is doing. He has no right to ask of how my wife is doing.

I brush it off with a shrug of a shoulder, "we are here on business. I would like for you to be honest foremost. You give me little to go on when you talk about your business."

The bartender places our drinks on the table, Edmond was the first to chug down his rum before speaking, "fine. What is it you want to know?"

I have to choose my words carefully at this point, "when I bought the subjects from you, you didn't mention that they'd be kids...now believe it or not I'd rather you give me what your actual subjects are...is it by chance you are hiding something from me? Answer me and if you don't then I will take this as a forfeit from the alliance contract."