37. Problem- Josh

Start from the beginning

I went home that day with a little bit of hope in my mind. And interest, as I planned asking Josh when I next saw him.

Waking up the next morning was just slightly easier despite the two hours of interrupted sleep, as I was motivated to ask Josh. 

Waltzing out of the bathroom, white top and pencil skirt on with a black blazer and gold buckled heels, I found Josh lumbering to the sink with his cereal bowl. I didn't think I'd ever seen him stood up, and I hadn't realised just how tall he was. He gave a nod of acknowledgement as he walked by, though I couldn't help but focus on how he was almost a foot taller than me, even whilst slumped. He wore grey joggers with a loosely fitting black tee, and his black hair was messily ruffled, accompanied by dark circles under his eyes even more prominent than mine. In an infuriatingly effortless way, he was attractive, with his hazel eyes and lazy grace. 

I cleared my throat as I felt it dry, parting my lips slightly before thinking what I really wanted to ask.

"Hey, Josh?" My voice croaked at first, making me initially cringe. He hummed in response, laying his bowl in the sink before turning to lean against the counter and look to me. 

"W-why'd you stay up so late?" I asked, Josh letting out a single humourless laugh at the question. 

"Why does it matter?" He shrugged with a slight quirk in his lip, as though he found this funny. 

"Because you keep me up at night with whatever you're doing at night," I replied, riling up just slightly, though I tried to keep calm and continue. Getting annoyed was no way to help either of us. "What are you doing at night, yelling at three in the morning?"

"Calm down- it isn't like I'm the only one keeping the other awake! You wake me up when you come home and start hoovering at five o'clock when I'm finally on the brink of getting some sleep!" Josh replied with a laugh, as though my irritation was enjoyable for him.

"Oh I'm sorry I hoover when I get home because you leave the living room in a tip!" I had began raising my voice by now. "Why can't you just sleep like a normal person, you can't clean up after yourself, you're up yelling in the morning, and you never leave the house- the fuck is up with you?!"

"Why are you so pissed about it?!" He hadn't started yelling, but his voice was louder and more taunting. "Why don't you leave if it pisses you off so much? I never asked you to come!"

"That doesn't fucking matter, can't you just have some common decency and stop fucking up my life with your stupid habits?!" I screamed at his stupid grinning face. 

"No." He replied simply, pushing himself off of the counter and advancing towards me. "No I can't deal with your shit." I took a step back for every step he took forwards towards me, keeping a distance between the two of us. "And I won't stop doing what I do," I let out a small gasp as I felt my back hit the fridge, Josh taking advantage and pressing a hand against the fridge beside my head, leaning down to close the gap between us. "Because I don't give a fuck about what effect it has on you, Little Miss Perfect." I stared into his hazel eyes, orange flecks burning like fire. His lips twitched slightly as they curled into a smirk, displaying his razor sharp canines. 

He pulled away abruptly, causing me to let out a breath I didn't even realise I was holding.

"Now if you wouldn't mind moving-" He reached behind me and pulled the freezer door open, pulling out a tub of Ben & Jerry's before opening it and taking a scoop, licking it off the spoon slowly whist staring at me, as if waiting for my next move.

I just scoffed, turning away and walking away as best as I could without showing how nervous and... flustered, I was, my heart beating at a million miles a second.

Pulling the door open, I heart Josh call my name once, causing me to look back with a venomous expression. "What." I spat.

"You might wanna change your top. You can see the red bra through the white." He smirked.

I groaned and stalked back to my room as Josh whispered "Not that I mind", making me yell "Pervert!" and changing into a black top before throwing a pillow case at his stupid smug face as I left for work.

------------------

5 votes for a part 2 

idrk what the inspo for this was but it's a bit of a random one.

Considering I haven't updated since February though, im hoping my arrival isn't hated

Also considering writing a oneshot for the beta squad boys!! I wanna do one for George, our fave cameraman, but would u guys want that or read that? Also lmk if there's anyone else from the squad who u wanna see a oneshot about

I legit just updated my other book "Too Soon", like 15 mins ago as well so pls go check that out, and best of luck to everyone doing GCSEs soon! 

Love love love,
   Grazz 😎