Siracusan troubles Part 1

Start from the beginning

I was standing by the helicopter's side door, grabbing by the safety handle, as it touched down, smoking a fine Columbian Barlowë cigarette.

As soon as the helicopters touched down, several people dressed in what you'd expect to be the Mafia's dress code. That is, tan suits with black ties and tan fedoras. Which is the colour of the Carolina Famiglia, by the way.

Which is why I'm wearing a tan coat with a suit underneath with a black tie. As for the hat... I'm more comfortable wearing an outback hat.

The Mafiosos took the crates inside the helicopter as I stepped down. Taking in the situation around me. Two unmarked large crates filled with ammunition, firearms, and explosives. Two smaller crates carried in the helicopters filled with special equipment.

"Sir Valor, Capo Provvisorio is waiting for you." An older Lupo came up to me. To which I nodded and extinguished my cigarette.

He led me into the mansion and into a study room, where Fantasma is busy looking at documents. He didn't bat an eye until after the door was closed behind me.

"Why are you here?" He asks, his eyes not bothering to look at me.

"I heard that you're going to attack the Laterza family?" I ask as I leaned in on the wall and crossing my arms, "The atmosphere seems tense."

With a sigh, he stops what he's doing and rests his chin on his hands and stares blankly, "Indeed. We are going to attack the Laterza famiglia at their mansion. This is payback for Il Nonno." He then looks at me, "Garibaldi Laterza plotted and car-bombed my grandfather, uncle and his wife, and my cousins. My grandfather was severely injured, while the rest died. I am now the temporary Capo of the Carolina Famiglia until Il nonno recovers."

"Look. I can help you." I said as we locked eyes, "The Laterza's matriarch has a necklace made of silver, gold, emerald, ruby, sapphire, and amethyst infused with originium. I want it."

"Why? Why do you want-... Fine, You're free to help us," He sighs, "Just don't get in our way."

------
Siracusa, outside Laterza mansion//0333 hours//2 days prior.

I am with the other mafiosos in preparing to strike at the Laterza's when they least expect it. I want that necklace. Think of how much it will sell? 50? 60? 100 million? It could make someone set for life. As long as they practice good financial decisions from then on.

All the rifles were equipped with silencers to prevent the sounds of gunshot from echoing throughout the city.

You see, unlike the Carolina family's mansion which is secluded, the Laterza's is located in downtown Livarna, one of the city states under the rule of the Laterza family. As such, the Carolina famiglia has to do the attack discreetly so as to not attract more trouble from the city.

As for will it attract the attention of the Capo dei capi remains to be unseen.

We moved closer to the mansion, the mafiosos taking down any guards outside. I stood some distance away and watched as they killed the guards.

Look. To be honest, I dislike violence and murder. I may be a thief, someone who has no honour, liar, But I am not a murderer, someone who needlessly kills. I kill when I am forced to.

I am merely doing all I can in this world using as little violence as I can.

And although I don't look like it, I do believe without a doubt that there is a God.

POP! POP! THUD!

My attention was suddenly drawn to the sound of mafiosos breaking down the front door by shooting the lock with a silenced handgun. They forcefully entered the mansion, causing screams of servants and silent gunshots to echo through the halls as bullet fire illuminated the interior.