Chapter 8

"Have I told you how beautiful you are?"

I giggled brightly, glancing at Kiriko as she sat on the counter watching me cook dinner, not once letting me rest from her ever-watchful eyes. "Yes Kiriko, you've been saying that for the past two days. Please tell me you called Asa to tell her you are here." The fox sprung for her chair and grabbed her phone, I rolled my eyes, I technically embarrassed her for the tenth time 'cause she had forgotten something. This sensation in my heart feels good, just having her with me is all I wished for these past months and I didn't know she felt the same, I felt guilty when I once thought it was in the stir of the moment. Kiriko told me she fell for me, and hard, and I found it impossible to forget. "Mom sends hugs and kisses... She uhm, knows."

I coughed out the water in my mouth so heavily that even the obscure figure appeared to help Kiriko pat my back, I shouldn't be startled by that info but I was afraid her mother wouldn't approve of us. "Hey, it's okay! You don't have to worry, she's okay with it-- Us--! OUR relationship!" The more she stumbled on her words the more difficult to believe it was, and I let her know it by my grimace. Kiriko took my hands and caressed them before staring into my eyes. "I'm serious, she's been waiting for me to tell her. She's excited to have us for dinner tomorrow, what do you say, dārin?" I look away bashfully and heard her chuckle, now she calls me by all sorts of romantic nicknames. She isn't shying away anymore. "Y-Yeah, why not?"

We chatted a little while eating, and as we finished she asked about a particular term I'd been preparing myself for. "About that night at the shrine, you do remember when we almost kissed, don't you?" I sighed softly and nodded after some time. "I... Do. Kiriko, I've always been pessimistic about love, so I rejected the notion of being wanted..." My fox stopped eating to solely place her attention on me, I furrowed my eyebrows while flashing her a small smile.

"But-- Why think that? (Y/N), you're a gorgeous person in every sense of the word." She affirmed, seeing in her eyes that she truly means it. "Don't say that, you know what I've done..." I paused, pursing my lips as she put her hand on mine. I welcomed the comfort. "There was... A girl I had this crush on when I was an apprentice, she was also learning the arts of witches with my grandmother. She tricked me into believing she liked me when the only thing she wanted was power, and its secrets too... I was naive and gave her mine... And she humiliated my family and me in front of the whole town as she rambled about how mighty she was, that our magic was hers now... The obscure energy that follows me is the guardian of our family, and 'it' didn't take well to being treated like a slave. The poor girl aged rapidly until she looked like a very old woman... And my punishment for being an idiot is to always have it watching for me." I finalized, finding Kiriko tightening her hold on my hand as she listened, and gosh, I was so relieved to let her know about me because her smile made me feel truly loved.

"I mean that fate is horrific, but she deserved it, in a way." Kiriko said as she stood to help with the dishes, giving a peck to my lips. "You don't fuck with a witch."

She's the fucking best.

The moment I sat on the couch with my cat right beside me is when I let out a tired groan, and watched my girlfriend step to me with her pajamas on. She looked so cute. "You've been awfully quiet, what is going on in there?" I asked Kiriko, her blushing cheeks telling me how ashamed she was of what she was going to say. "Would you believe if I said I never..." She whispered the rest of the sentence and I raised a brow. "What?"

"I-I never... Had a girlfriend before. I mean-- I have my experience! Just nothing serious, you are my first significant relationship in my entire life!"

"And you are ashamed of that, love?"

She hummed, sitting close to me and involving both of us in a calming aura. I chuckled and embraced her, placing my head on her shoulder. "Don't be, we'll find out more about us the more we spent together."

"I'm counting on that." She spoke, a bright grin on her lips.

Watching Japanese drama isn't at all bad, but it has so many plot twists it never gets boring, Kiriko and I agree that the traditional stories are better than the modern, dramas of legends and myths told romantically are perfect and so sad for the most part. The doughnuts were perfect for when we cried over the death of a certain character, and then we would laugh it off and dramatize it even more. If Kiriko sees me as a perfect being, then she must be above, because with her I was no longer sorrowful, no anxious, or angry.

There was only this joyful feeling of having someone like her in my life, and I guess I can say I'm lucky.

Kiriko stole my heart, and I wish she will never give it back.

"(Y/N)." I blinked when I realized Kiriko was staring at me, and she kissed me lovingly, not letting my thoughts consume me even if they were good ones. "What was that for?" I questioned when I pulled away. "I have something to tell you, you know about Overwatch right?"

Who doesn't know about Overwatch? The heroes of the world, and with all the love they put into the planet, the rest were cruel enough to toss them aside... As if they didn't mean anything. "I do, why? What happened?" Kiriko smiled at my eagerness and showed me a message from an agent named Winston, a gorilla asking for aid to save the world once more, and apparently, many of the former agents were with him, preparing for the next war against the Omnics and possibly Talon. "Kiriko, you are... Applying?"

She shook her head. "WE are applying." My eyes widened like plates, not believing what she was saying. "I want you with me in this. No. I need you with me in this. I know we can make a better world, I'll have your back just as you will have mine."

Tears threatened to flow down my cheeks, and I nodded, I didn't think because where she goes I will follow, there was no way I'm letting her go alone. "Of course, how could I say no? We're a team after all."

We giggled the more excited we were getting over the ordeal, hugging each other tightly, and just as her eyes showed their perfect blue, mine were golden as we touched forehead. "Let's save the world, together."

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬