𖥻 23

you don't have to think about it for long but maybe you should have.

in the end, it was the only solution.

otherwise, meguru would have turned in seishiro and you would have lost him for good. and you have this oppressive feeling that you'd be to blame if he had to go to jail or leave the country.

"you know that i would do anything for him, meguru" you're just exhausted. you have never been so desperate and at the end of your rope in your life.

you want to go to seishiro, into his strong and warm arms, and just feel his presence. it occurs to you at that moment that you have never told each other that you love each other.

meguru sighs. "ridiculous," he leans back in his chair, but this time letting his gaze rest on you. he also seems to have calmed down slowly, his posture is no longer as tense as before and his eyes seem softer to you. "sweetheart, you know exactly what i want. but of course i'm not such a bad person that i'll force you to love me. but you will, angel, trust me."

[flashback]

"can you explain?" the stern voice of seishiro's father interrupted the silence. seishiro didn't know what was going on, but suspected the worst, suspected that this evening would not have a good ending.

his eyes were still burning from all the crying. he cried after a girl who didn't even deserve it. sadako destroyed and broke him in every way, his first real love was a fake cheater and he was so stupid and trusted her with his life.

sadako knew about the fights that seishiro was having from time to time back then and she was the one who accidentally blabbed in front of his parents back then. by then there was already a huge fight that escalated beyond belief because him and his father started fighting.

"what?" he coldly, mentally preparing himself for the unknown that was to follow. his father stood up, walked menacingly slowly towards his son and then threw a tape into his hand, before turning it on and hearing the bright, feminine voice of sadako.

hearing her voice now hurt, but the way she admitted everything without a hint of guilt or pity made the boxer incredibly angry. and then hearing bachira meguru, who was probably going to be the next victim, made him boil even more.

now he finally understood his then unjustified dislike of wealthy people; they were all deceitful and only looked out for themselves, ignorant and stuck-up.

"how stupid do you have to be to give out information that could destroy everything?," his father yelled, his hand was already on his son's cheek, but he didn't move an inch. "you could have destroyed our company. you're a disgrace to this family, it's a disgrace to have you as a son."

and already seishiro's fist collided with his father's jaw before he turned around and left the house like peace itself, without looking back, without feeling a hint of pain.

he had been waiting for this moment, when he could finally get away from there.

[ flashback end]

it's weird walking through these alleys that could easily swallow you up. and that's just to see seishiro, talk to him, and get away from meguru, who really believes that you could ever love him.

no matter how long he tries, he won't make it.

you don't even care if you have to have a secret relationship with seishiro now, the main thing is that you can be with him.

"i think i told you before that this place isn't for you, princess," his voice comes from behind you, so you turn around and jump into his arms.

the white haired catches you and wraps his arms around you, just like you wanted him to a few hours ago.

it feels good that he hasn't pushed you away, not yet.

"meguru was going to turn you in," you mutter, but instead of totally freaking out like you thought he would, he shrugs his shoulders in disinterest, doesn't seem to realize what meguru can do, or he knows him even better than you do.

slowly he begins to laugh. "let me guess. you convinced him not to do it, didn't you?" he murmurs into your ear, letting his lips brush across your cheek before finally pressing them to yours.

"i had to do it. for you," you look into his eyes, but instead of radiating their warmth, they now seem cold and devoid of any emotion, as if he doesn't care.

and that's exactly what scares you.

this look reminds you of the time before you two learned to love each other.

seishiro shakes his head gently and from now on you realize that he will break your heart. as if by magic, you hold him by his t-shirt, afraid that he will vanish into thin air at any moment and leave you alone.

slowly he breathes into your ear. "you should stay away from me. i'm not good for you, princess" causing your little hands to claw even tighter into his t-shirt.

you can't and won't let go of him, not after all you've survived together.

"i can't and i won't, seishiro! this may be the stupidest and most naive thing i'll do, but you can't stop me," you reply stubbornly, making the white-haired guy laugh before he wraps his strong, tattooed arms around you for another.

but sooner than you think, he breaks away from you again and disappears into one of the dark alleys to go back to his life.

you'll never be happy with him and he wouldn't forgive himself for taking that away from you.

even if it hurts to let you go and that he has to leave you to that ass bachira meguru.