𖥻 21

"what are you talking about anyway, meguru?" you feel the blood boiling in your veins.

although he wasn't the one who threw the punch, seishiro would never go berserk like that without a reason.

that's why you're not mad at him, especially since he knows what the consequences would be.

you can be sure that meguru has planned everything.

"should i or do you want to, seishiro?" meguru grins - you can see how he likes this situation.

the music has long since been turned off, all eyes are on the three of you. with a cursory, wandering glance through the crowd, you also see your best friend and reo, yoichi is also standing there, doing absolutely nothing.

the boxer presses his lips together, at the same time he clenches his hands into fists again, so that his skin has already turned painfully white and his eyes have darkened by a few nuances. his appearance seems brutal, frightening and completely scary.

inwardly you admire how meguru can stand there so casually without showing a hint of fear.

"hm, so you don't? well, then i'll tell you," he rambles a bit and drinks from his half-empty glass of alcohol.

you've already guessed.

meguru is either totally drunk or already very drunk. he usually acts with deliberation, precisely and accurately, so that nothing can go wrong.

but who says anything will go wrong?

"it's about a certain tanaka sadako or also known as seishiro nagi's lover. back when seishiro was smart and lived with his rich parents, he fell in love with her and she fell in love with him. well, at least that's what he thought" meguru stops for a moment, only to laugh darkly.

you don't even notice how you're slowly moving away from seishiro - you realize that he didn't tell you the truth and especially not everything, even though that was probably the biggest reason why he is the way he is now.

"everyone, really everyone, knew that the tanaka's, sadako and her brother shinra, were cheaters. this time, of course, they didn't have good intentions either, but seishiro was so blinded by love that he confided in sadako more than was really necessary. naive and stupid," meguru tells you, dramatically contorting his face, but that shows you all the more how much he takes pleasure in the suffering of others.

you wonder who he actually wants to see suffer; seishiro? you? or both of you?

"as expected, it all didn't last long. after sadako pulled tons of money from the nagi's account, she left poor seishiro and ran straight to the next one. the next one was me. i knew right away what she wanted and screwed her over a bit, well. i wanted to play with her a bit until i blew her cover. then when i called her out on what she did and she knew it was over, she confessed everything. and i was smart enough to record everything and since my family wasn't very good with seishiro's family, i thought it would be funny to send this recording to her." meguru's friends start to grin nastily, the only one who remains monton is your brother yoichi.

you can be sure that he also knows about all this, because the two of them are like brothers and tell each other everything.

so that's why meguru and yoichi also know seishiro. seems like your brother is afraid that the boxer is just taking advantage of you, taking revenge on meguru.

but what meguru wants to achieve, you don't know.

"as expected, seishiro's parents didn't know anything about this and were pissed off. they made losses, almost went bankrupt, and they couldn't forgive their son for that, because the company is everything to them."

putting the last pieces of the puzzle together you now understand why seishiro ran away.

they blamed him, even if he just fell for a cheater.

"but don't worry, sweetheart, sadako got chased off to korea, where she's probably sucking the dicks of old rich guys now. what a sad life." he slowly approaches you like a tiger.

even though you're quite a distance away from the white haired, you can almost feel him tense up as meguru's fingers twirl a loose strand of hair and then tuck it behind your ear.

if he made just one wrong move, sseishiro would intervene, wouldn't he?

"that's why your brother and i are so vigilant in his presence. who knows? maybe he's not over her yet and just wants to take revenge on anyone who's to blame for his current state," he whispers harshly into your ear, his lips grazing your skin, making you involuntarily flinch.

he gestures to the dj to turn the music back on and then the party starts again as if nothing had happened.

a hand wraps around your wrist, pulling you into the house with it.

one look at the back of your head and you know it's seishiro.

though you don't know what to believe or feel.

seishiro would have objected if meguru told any lies. but he didn't, on the contrary, he looked at the floor and didn't look anyone in the face. once in your room, he lets go of your wrist and looks at you out of his eyes. he seems to have calmed down, doesn't look as tense and angry as he did a few minutes ago.

you even think you saw a little fear or worry in his eyes for a moment, until it just became emotionless again.

emotionless fits him very well right now.

"do you believe him?" he breaks the awkward silence, crossing his arms in front of his chest, leaning against the wall.

something bothers you about his posture; it's so casual and calm.

why doesn't he try to apologize or justify himself?

why doesn't he do anything?

"yes, and i can see that he was right. i just wonder why you didn't tell me about her. i believed you when you said that you wanted to open up to me, and now i'm also finding out from fucking meguru what really happened back then" you let your feelings run free, involuntarily a few tears run down your cheeks.

seishiro's heart aches at the sight. he would love to hold you and wipe away your tears, but he's afraid - afraid that you hate him, afraid that you'll leave him, afraid that you'll go to someone else.

"i think it would be better if you left now. i'll find you when i'm ready," you just turn away from him and head for your adjoining dressing room to change.

sadly you hope he would fight for you, but the only thing you hear is the click of the door being closed.