This isn't what I imagined, but I wasn't finna argue about it. It could be worse.

Jah set his hand on my back, walking behind me as we stepped inside the house.

"Wassup nigga," Jah dapped up a light skin dude with a low cut.

"Nun much, this yo girl?" the light skin dude asked, pointing at me.

"Sum like that, Linah this Ron," Jah introduced me. I gave a small smile and went back to minding my business as Jah made small talk with him.

"Well shit, we finna go sit down. Who all here?" Jah replied, holding his hands around my waist.

"I think Dee and Trey in here with they girls," Ron yelled, walking outside.

"Ight."

♡♡♡

We walked away from the door, making our way to the living room.

"You still mad at me mama?" he questioned, sitting me on his lap.

"No," I mumbled softly, playing with his hair. "You betta not leave me again."

"I won't mama, I promise you," he looked at me.

"Okay," I smiled, placing my head on his.

He grabbed my pinky finger and kissed it, vowing to keep his promise.

Being this close to him was making my heartbeat fast.

The way he talks to me, the way he treats me, the way he looks at me.

I think I'm falling too fast.

He wrapped his arms around my stomach gently and I felt another smile creep itself onto my face.

No! I thought to myself. I can't love someone again, I can't...

We sat there for a while, talking to each other until two familiar looking boys walked into the living room, sitting down.

I heard a familiar girly voice clear her throat and I looked up to see Jade with her boyfriend, Dee, sitting across from me and Jah.

"What you doing here girl?" Jade asked confused, looking at her phone.

"I'm with Jah," I stated simply.

If I was being honest, I didn't want to talk to her.

I didn't know her history with Jah, and it made me uneasy seeing her stare at him.

I don't really understand why I'm feeling this way, he isn't mines and it's not like we're together. I just don't want her looking at him...

Plus, a relationship was the last thing on my mind.

"Oh okay," she replied, and I looked down, fidgeting with my nails.

"Nigga, you can't say hey no mo?" Dee laughed, dapping Jah up.

"Shiiii, I see you," Trey smirked, shaking his head at Jah.

"It ain't even like that," he replied, positioning me closer.

"So this what you been doing huh?" Trey asked.

"No wonder this nigga never at the trap no mo, he got himself a girl," Dee laughed.

"I got shit to do," he shrugged.. "Where yo girl at Trey?"

"You know damn well ian got a girl, just my ratchet ass babymomma," he laughed.

"She be going off on him on Instagram Live too," Dee slapped his leg.

"Nah cause she be talking all the big shit then later she be screaming in my ear talking bout some 'take some out'," Trey mocked.

The boys laughed at the joke Trey made, but I paid no attention to it..

"Oh, but nigga you heard about what happen to Stunna?" Dee asked Jah, rubbing his eyes.

"Hell nah, what happen?" Jah lied, looking back at me.

"Mans was shot four times, he in the hospital na but he almost died."

"Damn, that's some shit," Jah replied.

My face scrunched up at the mention of Stunna, but I quickly wiped my frown after seeing Jade glance at me.

I thought he was dead...

"Ay, don't we know you?" Dee scratched his head.

"Yeah, we do," Jade interrupted. "She was with us at the kickback when Stunna got shot."

"Oh damn, where was you at?" Dee interrogated.

"In the bathroom," Jade sneered. I mugged her before turning to talk to Dee.

"No, I wasn't," I lied. "I went outside to meet Jah, but then we heard shots go off so we ran to his car."

I mean, it technically wasn't much of a lie. I did in fact run outside with Jah to his hellcat after he shot at Stunna.

"She been with me ever since," Jah smirked, rubbing my thighs.

I blushed at his gesture and went back to playing with his dreads, still listening to the conversation.

"Shi, anyways, we think somebody tried to set his ass up so we lookin for the niggas who did it," Trey joined. "We ain't find shit yet, but we'll let you know when we do."

"Ight, coo," Jah responded.

Although Jah didn't realize, Jade was still admiring him and it was pissing me off more than it should've.

It's whatever, I'll ask her about it later.

I went back to scrolling on my phone, looking at my friend's posts. There was nothing for me to do or say, and Jah was too busy talking to his friends. I didn't want to talk to Jade because she was acting hella weird, and it felt like she didn't have any sympathy for what happened to me days ago.

Eventually, I fell asleep on Jahserih as he made small talk with people who stopped by.

♡♡♡

Authors Note: How does Jade know Jahserih? Do you guys think they have history?

Chapter 10 will be uploaded the beginning of next week.

Vote and leave comments on what I can improve :) And if you've read this far, thank you for supporting my book. It means a lot to me.