I Left My Heart at Home

Chapter 1

Tyler Joseph's POV:

Man I hated touring sometimes. I didn't like leaving Ohio and leaving my family, but I loved it at the same time. I loved the energy from The Clique and the undying support from everyone in me and Josh's families. Everyone we knew supported us so much. Especially the fans in Ohio, who were the first to hear about us being signed to Fueled by Ramen in 2012. They were all amazing, and they all made Josh and myself feel important.

Last night, we got back to Columbus. Josh's sister picked him and he was so happy to see her. I drove back home on my own as usual, walking into the building and brushing the snow out of my hair. Typical Ohio. I was greeted by my family at my apartment. My parents and my brothers, Zack and Jay were there, along with my baby sister, Maddie. God, I loved my family.

I dropped my bags and they all embraced me in a warm hug. I laughed and attempted to hug all of them back at once, but I couldn't .

"We're so happy you're home, Tyler!" my mom said, everyone pulling back from the hug.

"A new girl moved in next door. She came over here and introduced herself. She's very friendly," Maddie said, smiling. I raised an eyebrow and smiled softly. Someone new moved in while I was away? Well, this ought to be interesting.

My family stayed over at my apartment for a little while before they left so I could get some sleep. I closed the door and locked it, yawning softly and stretching my arms up in the air. I walked into my room and pulled my jeans and t-shirt off, pulling on a pair of sweatpants and not even bothering with a shirt. I shut off the lights and crawled under the covers, my eyelids quickly becoming heavy. I got a good night's sleep, something I deserved, but rarely got.