Relations

I hadn't seen Brad for a while and Cosmo's game was here. Rita had been avoiding me like the plague and I was pretty much happy to be it.
She was going to apologise, I wasn't.

I drew on my lip liner and eye liner before peppering my lips in lipgloss. I wasn't going to do a whole makeup cake up look because I was confident in my beauty. That and.. it was Rita that usually did my makeup, the expert.

Anyway..if I looked like Thelma, I was pretty enough.

I grabbed my handbag and stared proud at my choice before walking out. I stopped by the roadside to stop a cab when I saw Rita and Devon trying to cross the road at a distance, they saw me.

Luckily, a cab stopped and I quickly got in.
'Good morning, Mame!' I greeted the kind looking lady who didn't bother to reply, she just looked at me wait for my destination.

'I am going to the baseball game_' I began to explain when she turned away mumbling.. Oh Great Another One!

I sat still and quiet rehearsing what I was going to say when Cosmo noticed me, I had booked one of the seats near the front row.
The cab came to a halt and the hand of the driver shoved it's way to my face.

I handed her the money and stepped out, she drove off even before I'd tell her to keep the change.
I opened my bag and saw the small zebra staring at me. I groaned. How did I end up packing it?

I walked to the stadium where a bunch of people struggled to get in slowly. The security made sure to check everyone thoroughly. Quite a number of people turned to look at me when I joined them.
It was easier for me to get to the front when the people would get distracted by me. Some unconsciously made way for me except for the Cosmo competition.

I even saw Moriah struggling in the crowd, she was well dressed but seemed more worried about sweating and smudging her makeup than getting to the front.
It wasn't long till I was let in. The stadium was lovely and bright despite it being day time. I knew this was going to be a great match. The turn up was massive and that put pressure on those worries about missing seats. I walked to the seats and quickly identified were I'd booked.

Thanks to being a die-hard.

I noticed when Moriah slipped in. She smiled at the different cameras waving before noticing me and my seat. Her mouth dropped, I calmly waved at her before focusing on the things at hand.

My mouth dropped when I saw Brad talking to one of the referees, he didn't notice me but I knew he could feel stared on him. Not just mine, lot of people's too.
The screens displayed a man on the field holding a bunch of papers.

'Ladies and_' Everyone's voices slowly wore down for me as I identified the girl holding a large glove at a distance across. It was like seeing a version of me in a different attire.
She screamed waving down at someone. My eyes moved to Brad and noticed how his face brightened up when he saw her.

My gaze transferred to the surrounding, I almost sighed in relief but I saw his eyes on me. Caleb's eyes. His cold eyes on me, I could tell he wasn't happy to see me. Beside him, on either sides were the people who brought me into this world. Mr and Mrs. Aerings.
My eyes moved to Thelma and saw that she was looking at me. I felt a particular sting when Brad looked at me, he was still avoiding me.

I quickly ran down the steps in search of the bathroom. It was a long way to it but I found it. I barged into the first door I touch and threw up.
I didn't know why I did but tears easily ran down my face after I did. Usually, I called Rita when I felt this heartache but I couldn't today.

I got startled when a furry animal casually walked into the toilet from the space below. The puppy's caramel eyes sparkled when it looked at me. It's white and black fur reminded me of my zebra.
'Buttercup? Buttercup? Come back!' I heard a loud whistle before whiny voice entered the bathroom calling for the dog. It abruptly left after staring at me. I didn't get the chance to see it's full body but I was grateful for it.

I picked my zebra and squeezed it in my chest. I wasn't crying anymore but I had to give zebby a name.
That'd do for now.

I walked out after flashing and fixed my lips and eyeliner before gathering all my reflection's compliments and confidently returning to my seat.
I was surprised to find Moriah sitted next to my seat.
I didn't bother her. I just took out my phone when I sat down. She didn't seem bothered either way.

I opened my camera and started to take a bunch of photos, selfies and videos. The man from earlier had stopped talking and people were murmuring. Still people struggled to enter at the entrances. Good thing there were a couple of seats left.

I almost rolled when Rita and Devon strolled in hand in hand. It was ironic because I was about to call her a few minutes back. She seemed to be scouring for seats.

My attention was quickly gotten when I heard a bark. I searched for the source and almost gushed when I saw the puppy wagging its tail in a little girl's arm.
She ran with the puppy and hesistantly handed it over to Brad? She petted the puppy before running back to the seats.

Brad looked at me before calmly walking away with the puppy. I gulped hoping it was a coincidence.

'What are you all emotional about?' Moriah's voice suddenly interrupted my moment.

'Nothing..it's just a big day for me_'

'Clearly!' She interrupted pulling out her mirror and applying more lipgloss.