Savoir Faire-r

Bonjour,

I hope you love Wildest Dreams by Taylor Swift.. because J'adore💕

Hope you enjoy this book.. Anyway hope the song gives you good vibes as you read. I welcome any better suggestions for this chapter.

Aurevior,
Me, Daelarie.

'Girl. I think I have scabies!!' I rubbed against my cheek for the nth time looking at the red hue.
Rita opened her mouth to speak but I interrupted knowing quite well what she was going to say. 'I am serious this time!'

'You always say that when we got dates!' She snatched my hand from my cheek and fluffed my dress.
I gasped.

'Omg. I look fatter!' I puffed my cheeks groaning.

Rita rolled her eyes. 'Come on or else Devon is going to be mad!' She snatched her purse along with my arm and forced us out the door.

It was Valentine's Day, technically my first. Normally, it was just the 14th of February for me. Just like every other normal day on the calendar.
This year? Rita had this sick idea of a double date. She and Devon, who by the way she met on a dating site..and.. some guy called Brad.

Brad had been in the same high school as me, now he was in the same college as me.
He'd asked me out on numerous occasions to which I politely declined by flipping him the bird but Braaad never learned.

I remember seeing his cheeky grins back in grade school. Everyone thought he was cute..but it all ended for me when he took something important from me.

'Brad is going to be blown away!' Rita gushed. 'You look fabulous!' She sang the word, literally!

I wished Brad was blown away, literally.

I pulled out my phone from my pocket and stared at the Instagram notification. Cosmo had posted recently.

Cosmo was who I wished Brad was blown away for. He was the technical eye candy, he was well-behaved and everything a girl could wish for.

He was inaccessible.

Unlike Brad of course!

'What took you so long?' Devon groaned from the driver's seat. I rolled, did dating sites come with a return policy?

'Sorry babe!' Rita stepped into the passenger seat. 'My bestie has to look her best!'
She beamed at me, her eyes squinting a little.

'Tsk. I don't see any difference..' Devon murmured turning on the ignition switch. Rita smacked him with her purse. 'Owww!'

'Yep. Sorry babe!' I got into the car giving him a forced smile. He stuck out his tongue before returning his eyes to the front.

We were then off to wherever for whatever.

I hated date nights, they just never happened for me.
And when they finally did, it had to be Brad.

'Happy Valentine's Day, Trinity!' Brad beamed immediately we got to our table. His chocolatey voice, however annoying, sent shivers down my body. His mischievous electric blue eyes shone with bliss; plump salmon lips stretched out showing off his perfect snow-white teeth, and pointy canines. Brad was the perfect boy. Tall, dark falling curly hair done in a cut. Lean and athlete. Respectful and respectable.

He stepped out for me to have a seat. I rolled up my sleeves and squeezed next to Rita and Devon.

Not today Brad!

He frowned, awkwardly sitting back down. I smiled but you know that feeling that doesn't sit you right when you've done something wrong, which of course I didn't. So..that feeling was about to_

Rita nudged me and glared. Yes, Rita was that feeling. I looked at her as we silently, aggressively eyebrow-argued until I gave in and sat next to Brad.
When I say, I gave in. I mean Rita pinched me off the seat. Sigh.
He smiled brightly and wrapped his muscular arm around my waist, I pushed further away from him.

I didn't ask him to put his manly hands on me.

He sighed in defeat rolling up his sleeves to his arm. I secretly glanced at his arms inwardly groaning in delight. Such eye candy.

My mood soured when I remembered it was Brad though.

I looked at him only for our eyes to meet, he smiled at me but my attention was captured by an approaching body.

'Good evening, how may I help you_' A waitress approached us and I interrupted with one of my jokes.

'A taxi to go, please!' I beamed at her, she looked a little puzzled. No one laughed. Maybe because I wasn't joking. The silence around me made it even more awkward.
'Lighten up guys.. that's the message!' I rolled up my right sleeve, awkwardly playing with the buttons.

This is why I hated date nights, they made me feel incapable of social etiquette despite not happening.

Brad encouragingly rubbed my shoulder, I glared at him. He didn't stop though. His eyes peered into mine, I looked at him maintaining eye contact. Maybe Brad wasn't that bad_

I didn't ask him to have perfect intuition.

And perfect tastes in outfits. His white button-down shirt held his body perfectly and his grey pants, that combo was simply worn yet he looked even more stylish than me.

'I'll just have a water_' I grumbled finally breaking eye contact.

'No. We'll have the Valentine's special and_' Brad interrupted, our eyes met again. He gestured between us not breaking contact, the waitress didn't mind it though. The waitress turned to the other humans and Brad awkwardly cleared his throat at the blank stares from Rita and Devon. '_We will?'
He chuckled correcting himself.

I scoffed. Such a gentleman!

'Trinity, I know how you love to have dessert first.' He paused reaching for his jacket spread over the seat. 'I hope this makes up for today's dinner.' He held out a chocolate bar for me.

I immediately took it beaming gratefully. I frowned afterward. 'Don't expect me to feel indebted to you in any way!' I squinted my eyes at him.
He rolled his eyes smiling at me.

'I won't!' It was more of a whisper but I heard.

I ripped off the wrap and plunged the brown milky delicacy into my mouth. I loved how the flavor hit my buds.

'Thank you!' I looked at Brad deciding not to throw away my morals.

He smiled widely nodding in response.

I kept sucking on the goodies ignoring how Devon was staring jealously at me. I groaned finally irritated by his eyes and broke a piece for him.
He took it and quickly devoured the piece. I heard Rita laughing. We all knew Devon loved chocolate as much as me.

I stared upfront praying for the chocolate to last when...
Brad brushed his thumb against the side of my lips and it retreated with a brown stain.

He popped the side of the thumb in his mouth and sucked off the stain.

I froze, a warm tingling sensation in my abdomen. I could feel the fuzzy feeling in my chest before it was replaced by a familiar hurt.
I shot up from the table.

'Excuse me!' I gestured for Brad to make way.

He moved away hesitantly before I quickly brushed past him.