1.4 Stealing the Show

Start from the beginning

Turns out the moms weren't happy with how much rehearsal time we had for our solos, I think I'll be fine, though I can't speak for the other girls.

***
Competition day

It's currently 6:00am and we are at the studio bright and early to get the bus

"Come on girls! Let's go!" Miss Abby calls out as I get out of the car, I run around to the back of the car where my mom is taking out my suitcase. I grab it and run over to miss Abby.

"You ready?" She asked me and I nod my head.

I get on the bus and see most of the girls already here and I make my way over to Brooke who is sitting alone and I sit next to her.

***

Once we arrive at the competition, my mom takes my suitcase for me and Brooke holds my hand as we're walking through the building.

Once we all get into the dressing rooms it was straightaway time to get ready.

My mom sat me down on the chair as she did my hair and then my makeup. Then miss Abby had us all spread out to stretch.

I then got into my costume with my moms help then put on my company jumper. I did a few tricks to see if I could move and it was perfect.

The costume

My mom then took my hand and we went to the audience to watch Maddie do one of her solos which was tap

"Please welcome Maddie" we all cheered as she made an appearance on stage.

Up next was MacKenzie, she was in a mouse costume and looked so cute.

Then it was my turn to dance and I was so excited. "Up next we have Kennedy doing 'Ice cream' I walk on stage and I heard everyone clap.

Now it's Vivi-Anne's turn and she's doing her bumblebee solo she was supposed to do last week before her mom changed it.

Next up is Brooke, and surprise surprise, Vivi and Cathy left.

Next up was Nia.

Next up is Paige.

Paige forgot her solo, I felt so bad that I went to her backstage and gave her a big hug.

"You did so good, don't worry, it happens to all of us" I tell her as she cry's into my shoulder. Then Kelly came and Paige let me go to hug her mom.  I felt so bad for her.

Next up is Maddie preforming cry again.

Then Chloe.

Now it was time for awards, we all sat together on stage and waited for them to call out the winners.

Chloe got 4th place which I think is wrong because she dance so beautifully. Brooke got 3rd. Nia got 5th. Paige did not place, and I got second leaving Maddie with first.

I don't think that's fair though because Maddie got 2 solos, I could have been 1st if she didn't do cry.

The girls and I ran through the hallway with our awards and I ran straight to my moms arms who was very proud of me.

Christie didn't look happy though, she was yelling to talk to Abby in the hallway and then she came into the dressing room.

They were getting in each others faces and screaming and my mom was trying to defuse the tension and trying to make them stop and I was getting scared and I couldn't help but cry. Brooke saw that and came over to comfort me.

What a day.

***

1067 words