She had gradually understood the importance of people in her life, be it her brother or his best friend. Sometimes it is necessary to go through the test of maturity to realise the value of an ecstatic and invincible love.

...

She took short steps to reach a group of people standing nearby, with Jungkook, who had never left her side.

She chirped, hanging her hands around the torso of a young man, snuggling deeper in his chest, inhaling his scent. He smiled warmly, returning the hug with the same intensity of love and care. He could see how strong, mature and happy she had become.

"How are you?", she asked, breaking the hug. Hoseok smiled, bent to her level and bopped her nose, "Good, just like you."

"If it wasn't for you, I would have given up long ago, I would have kept myself in the darkness forever", she whispered, audible enough for him to hear. Her eyes didn't hold numbness anymore. They were shining brightly, with hope.

"No worries. I am always there for you. Anyways, I hope you are using my gift wisely, aren't you?", he queried. She giggled, nodding like a kid, as he ruffled her lustrous hair.

She turned back, taking a quick glance at the man who was standing back facing both of them. She inhaled heavily, he was so stubborn, a giant baby, her baby.

"Jungkook-ah", she called out to him softly, making him turn around. His face was laced with so many emotions, yet he was successful in hiding each one of them. His eyes were unreadable. She licked her chapped lips, tucked her hair behind her ear and motioned him to come closer to her. She saw him hesitating, struggling with his steps but in the end he did after mustering up some courage.

"Meet him. He is Jung Hoseok, my best friend and Y-Yumi's husband", she saw his eyes wither away, those lips were quivering so badly. She could feel him breaking. But she hoped to see the changes she was longing for, the only thing she could possibly give both Hoseok and Jungkook.

It was difficult, very difficult but not impossible, right? Things can change, right?

He pressed his lips in a thin line, closed those burning eyes, pushed back his hair and heaved a sigh. Slowly he opened his eyes, gawking at those of Hoseok's. He brought forward his shaking hand, "Hello."

Silence prevailed in the air for a few seconds, gripping her heart with fear.

"Hey", Hoseok spoke slowly, his lips curving in a small smile.

Will it work out?

"Can you... can you forgive me Jungkook?", the plea sounded so different, so desperate yet so calm. It sounded so hard. For sure it would have required so much strength. It was obvious, if anyone had heard it, those words seemed to carry so much weight.

Tears brimmed the young man's eyes as he listened to those words, making him feel so small, so immature, so pathetic.

Not everyone is to be blamed for everything, sometimes it's better if we let things off and forget them blaming the fate one for all and all for one.

The fingers of his hand trembled the same way they once did while touching his best friend's dead body. Those lips which did not fear to let out words, breaking a beautiful relationship, were trembling now, to even speak out a word.

Why are things not always as easy as we think?

"H-Hyung", a broken voice left Jungkook's mouth as he wrapped his hands tightly around Hoseok, sobbing on his shoulder like a kid.

"I-I am sorry hyung. I should be the one asking for forgiveness. Forgive me if you can''. It felt as if a weight which Jungkook had been carrying for eternities had been lifted up today, "I missed you so much Jungkookie."

Letting his heart out on his shoulder Jungkook broke the hug, smiling dearly at his 'Hyung'. His eyes glistened more with tears, he just couldn't keep his emotions in anymore, "I m-missed you too. I missed you so much. I was a fool. I felt so l-lonely without you."

Hoseok latched onto his right shoulder, gaping at him with all the love he had in store. He was always dear to him, he had thought of him as his own brother.

"Its okay. I was wrong too. We are even now", his eyes shed the tears he had been hiding for so long.

She was crying silently watching them mend their relationship.

~

They both walked towards the newly wed with eager steps. And the moment they reached the stage Jungkook engulfed Jeonghan in a tight hug, devouring in his love and happiness for him, "Congratulations hyung." No one but him knew how hard it was to let go. Jeonghan wrapped his hands around his torso, caressing his hair, "Thank you Jungkook." His voice was happier than ever.

She stepped forward, pulling him in a hug, and cooed in his ears, "Congratulations Hani."

He broke the hug, tucked her hair behind her ear and passed to her his warm smile, "Thank you bimbo."

She could see how happy he was after being able to return back to his old self. He owed her in the biggest ways possible.

"I love you so much Hani", she mumbled, looking at him.

"I love you too bimbo", he spoke, taking a quick glance at his wife.

The evening was peaceful, after such a long time. She smiled, staring at the lit-up city from the balcony. The breeze hit her face, cooling down the heat of her body. Her rosy lips sucked the wine glass. Her hair was swaying against her hips, her blue eyes were drowning in joy. Everything seemed so beautiful now, so realistic, so ethereal. It seemed as if it took her ages to correct her mistakes, but in the end, what mattered was that she made them right.

She felt a presence next to her, the scent she was used to. She tilted her head and there he was standing, looking like a prince, a dream man of many girls.

"What are you doing here?" her voice echoed in the silence. She waited for him to speak as the young man took a sip of his drink.

"I wanted to spend some time with you bimbo", he turned to face her, raised his glass and clinked with hers.

"You are still stupid", she chuckled under her breath, placing her head on his shoulder.

"The night's pretty", she said again.

"Prettier than you", he mumbled as she laughed and hit his chest.

After what felt like ages, she broke the contact and looked at him, directly in his eyes, "Why did you invite me to your wedding? All I gave you was pain Jeonghan. How could you invite your first love on such an important day of your life?"

He chuckled, held her hand gently and spoke looking in her eyes, "I still love you. In the past as a lover and now as my best friend. If it was not for you, I wouldn't have met Haeri. I owe you too Y/N just like you owe me. Every heartbreak teaches a lesson. And I learnt mine well. Who said you didn't give me anything? You gave me whatever was in your capacity. Forced relationships never last long. Thank you for teaching me how to never let go of love, whatever happens we should always acknowledge the fact that love never dies."

- - -

As promised, I wrote an alternate ending to this story. If you guys wanna read that message me.

I won't upload it on Wattpad, but you can enjoy it on my drive.