Simplicity

Back on the Sunny, Luffy was jumping up and down, "Woah!! You were so cool!! I wanna fight you next! Lemme do it! Lemme do it!!"

"You want to fight me?" Katara raised a brow.

"Yesyesyesyes."

"Okay, bring it on then." Katara said, having some water rise from the sides of the boat, floating them like huge snakes alongside her.

"Woah thats even cooler than this morning!" He marveled, jumping back and forth.

"You talk a lot!"

"Shi shi shi! I know!!" He shouted, jumping at her with a fist, not using haki because he knew she couldn't use it.

Katara dodged and was surprised when the punch let following her. She sent a spear of ice towards it but it didn't hit because it snapped back into place. She completely forgot how weird this man and his abilities were.

"Come on! Come at me! Don't be scared! I can handle whatever you've got!"

Katara still wanted to learn more about luffys abilities, so she decided to be nice and not use his curse against him. At least not yet. She rose the water up next to her, making it into spears, all pointed at luffy. His mouth dropped. He saw her use ice earlier when she was in front of the sea king, but it was different to see it up close.

She shot her attack at him with full speed, leaving some extra spikes to attack once he dodged or tried moving away. She scratched him twice and when he jumped upwards, she got a good shot at his stomach. It directly hit.

But so did the fist to her cheek. She stumbled back

"You good?" Luffy looked at her with a quizzical eye. Surely she wasn't down already?

"Yeah." She nodded, bending the water into a fog, surrounding the deck of the sunny.

"Woahhh what's happening?" Luffy stuck his hands out to the blurry stubstance. Katara grabbed him with a water tendril and spun him around. "WoAh woAoh WoaH wOwah!"

Katara let him spin into the wall, hitting himself hard with the centrifugal force. He bounced off it and stumbled his way back up to two feet. "That was a bad ending." He complained as if it was a carnival ride she would modify with his review on it.

"It was the nice ending believe it or not." She laughed.

"Mmm I'll believe you. Make it nicer next time though!"

"Uh.. sure?" Katara used her water, throwing sharp circular discs  to him. He dodged again despite not being able to see. Come one! Try something cooler!"

Katara kept giving him attacks, being able to feel where he was in the fog. She had no idea how he was able to dodge without seeing. It's not like he was able to feel her through the floor like toph. He was wearing sandals after all. How he managed to fight with those not flying off his feet, she will never understand.

Ussop and nami watched the battle unfold, sharing a bottle of wine. "Why do you think they're both holding back?" Ussop asked.

Nami shrugged, "They probably just don't want to hurt each other."

"Yeah but if that's the case, why fight?"

"Because he gets to see what she can do. I'm very curious as well. Plus I think she's wondering about him too. She could have tossed him out to sea or just put him in a blob of water, but instead she's fighting with a spear or a slice."

"Luffys never tested anyone else before?"

"No, he hasn't..." Nami thought back to how Katara was always looked down upon the male educators and got a little upset with the situation. Not that luffy meant any harm in any way, but it could ring an uncomfortable bell. "But not that many people have hidden talents like her I guess?"