Ahaan Cabir Dhawan

Manik

I didn’t even know half an hour passed, having her in my arms, it felt like it was how it meant to be and it passed like a damn second.

Fluttering her eyes lightly, she closed them, snaking her arm around me and sighed, like she is so damn done with whatever happened.

Abhimanyu immediately came and knelt beside her, caressing her cheek gently. He treats her like a baby. My heart melted at the sight. It’s so hard to not call him adorable.

“Baby doll” He said, his voice soft and I confirmed he actually treats her like a toddler. I’m sure my sister is in safe hands now.

“Bhaiyu” She mumbled, snuggling in my chest, like I’m a teddy bear. Never mind. That flipped my stomach.

“I’m here sunshine” He whispered, his eyes shut softly, like he was absorbing her pain. Knowing him, he might even do it.

“I’m fine, I know I threw you off guard, it just came up out of nowhere bhaiyu, I didn’t mean to scare anyone” She said, the fact that she is speaking this in drowsy state, that she is feeling guilty even subconsciously made my heart clench.

“You didn’t scare anyone Nandu, that’s okay, are you really fine?” His hand was still on her cheek, like he is trying to believe that she is here.

“This is not a dream Abhi. I feel you. I’m fine, we are going to be fine” I think she is too mature to her age.

“Can you get up?” He asked, making me groan internally. Why? I’m comfortable like this.

“Why?” She whined, pulling the duvet tighter around her. My heart fluttered at that gesture.

“Maybe because you are sleeping with your driver,” I teased her.

Her eyes shot open at that, Mukti laughed out loud while everyone was confused while Abhi chuckled quietly.

“Not again Manik” She almost whispered. I couldn’t help but chuckle.

“What is it?” I asked, even after knowing what she was talking about.

“Why am I having my most embarrassing moments only with you?” She whined, getting up, her cheeks red.

Don’t blame me if I squeeze her cheeks at one of the times like this.

“You are making memories Nandini” I replied, removing the duvet off us as she had her eyes on her fingers, not even looking up.

“It’s okay Nandu, we are family” Mukti was the first one to speak as Abhimanyu sat beside the other side of Nandini.

“She looks so cute while blushing,” Navya commented. Nandini turned more red.

“It looks like Alia’s ghost came inside you Navya” Cabir shook his head like she was a helpless case. He got three smacks on his head immediately. Alia, Navya and Dhruv.

“Navya” A voice made us snap our heads to the door, including Nandini. There was Cabir's dad, with Navya’s one and half year old in his arms.

Navya walked to him and took her baby in her arms, thanking him. He left muttering he had to go somewhere urgently and wished Nandini who had her eyes on the baby in awe.

“Do you want to hold him?” Navya asked, coming to Nandini who looked a lot better. Infact, her red nose and red cheeks made her look alot cute.

Nandini nodded her head as Navya placed the baby in Nandini’s arms, Nandini held the baby with a hand behind the baby’s back, another behind her head.