The Reluctant Heroes

A/N: Do not play the video yet!

Tessa's POV:

The Following Morning

The following morning, Levi and Tessa wake up early and prepare for their leave with the rest of the Scouts for the expedition, which is taking place today. While Tessa finishes packing their things, Levi takes care of the paperwork. Since Levi didn't sleep much last night, he completed his and Hange's piles while Tessa was asleep. Of course, Kip stayed by his side to keep him company. As Levi puts the last file away, Tessa walks out, fixing the cufflinks on her jacket, "Everything is packed up and ready to go, love." She announces, and Levi nods, "I've sorted out the paperwork, so all we need to do is give it to Erwin," He explains before pulling Tessa close to him, "You look beautiful, Tess." He says, then kisses her cheek. Tessa blushes as she wraps her arms around his neck, "Thank you, love," She smiles then sighs, "Did you see Zoe's mentioning of capturing two titans today with the new equipment?" She asks, and Levi rolls his eyes, "I did, which means we'll hear it until she shuts up." He admits, and Tessa laughs, "Now, who is the one being dramatic?" She asks, only for Levi to scoff, "Tch. It's still you, honey." He retorts, then kisses her again.

After they break away from their kiss, Tessa fixes Levi's cravat, "Are you going to be fine, even though you only got three hours of sleep?" She asks, hoping to hide her concern, and Levi nods, "I'll be fine, Tess. You don't need to worry about me." He reassures her before pinching her cheek, and Tessa giggles, "Well, I'm sorry. It comes with the territory of being a doctor, your fellow Captain, and girlfriend," She says, "So deal with it, dork, because that's just who I am." She teases before tapping Levi's nose. When Levi scrunches up his nose, Tessa laughs before he grabs her hand, "You're lucky that you're adorable, brat. Otherwise, you would lose a finger." He warns before pulling into another kiss. Tessa fakes a shiver, "Ooh, I'm so scared." She giggles, and Levi shakes his head before leaning into her ear, "You should be, or do I need to teach you a lesson before we leave?" He huskily asks before kissing her neck. The confidence that Tessa once had suddenly vanished as her legs became jelly, which doesn't go unnoticed by Levi because he tightens his grip on her waist, "Levi, w-we don't have time. We have t-to meet with the others." She says, though her voice is wavering.

Even after Tessa's warning about meeting with the others, Levi doesn't stop kissing her neck, "We still have a few minutes, sweetheart. Why don't we use them?" He taunts while squeezing her hips, and Tessa holds back the moan that is building inside her, "I can tell you're already beginning to crumble, Tess," He teases, "Otherwise, you wouldn't be tilting your head back for me to continue." He adds, and Tessa's eyes snap open because she didn't realize she was doing that until Levi said it. Tessa doesn't know what to do because Levi is right. She is about to crack. Tessa was rather annoyed at how Levi knew her body so well and knew her weaknesses too, but it impressed her all the same. Before Tessa can respond to Levi's jest, there's a knock on the door. Tessa hopes this will cause Levi to stop, but he doesn't, "Levi, there's someone at the door." She whispers, and Levi clicks his tongue, "So? They'll go away if we just ignore them." He responds, and Tessa rolls her eyes, "What has gotten into you this morning?" She asks, and Levi smirks, "Nothing yet, beautiful, because I haven't gotten you to the bed yet." He answers as he nibbles on her jaw, hoping this will make Tessa crack.

However, there's another knock on the door but a voice accompanies it, "Cat, I need to speak with you!" It was Hange, of course. Levi glares at the door, though Hange can't see it, "Go away, Shitty-Glasses! She's busy!" He orders, and Tessa snickers as she folds into his chest. They hear Hange scoff outside the door, "I will break this door down if you don't open it, Shorty!" She warns, and Levi shakes his head, "With what arm strength?" He asks, only for Tessa to hit his chest, "What?" He asks, and Tessa sighs, "It's too early for you to act like this, Levi." She says while giving him a look, and Levi huffs, "And it's too early for her to interrupt us, Tess." He defends. Before Tessa can correct him, Hange's voice echoes behind the door again, "I'm still waiting!" She announces. Tessa finally leaves Levi's embrace and walks over to the door, and Levi groans while crossing his arms, "We weren't done yet, Tessa Renee." He warns, and Tessa winks at him as she unlocks the door, "Patience, my love." She teases.