Chapter 5 - Autobot Ambush

Shatter reaches the human's homestead. Her car door shoots open, allowing Y/N to exit.

"Did you enjoy the ride?" She asks in a sarcastic tone, the same way an adult would speak to a child. He rolled his eyes but couldn't deny it.

"It was incredible, I'm surprised you'd let me get in you again. As a passenger, I mean." He joked. She scoffed slightly before transforming into her robot mode.

"Such a jokester, friend Y/N." This comment made his heart flutter. Her company made him comfortable enough to make those jokes.

"I'm not the one pretending it wasn't fun." He replied. Shatter rolled her eyes to mock him kiddingly.

"I never said such a thing. However, 'fun' isn't something commonly had with my people. We usually tend to tear each other into scrap metal." She looked to the ground. "I will admit, it is nice to have 'fun'." She looks back at him. Her crimson heated gaze stares into his eyes. For a brief moment they locked eyes and shared a moment of silence. Shatter was not one for small moments or enjoying the time, as it was rare for her to do anything other than kill. This moment brought her to a peace, something thought unachievable. She thought of crying, breaking down in front of him, showing him that she cared, but she held strong. Y/N head was empty, all he could think of was the big, red, robot sitting before him. He wanted to walk up to her and give her hug, but feared that she would just flick him into the wall of his house.

"Could I ask you one more thing?" He asks quietly.

"Of course, anything." She replied.

Before he could get a word out a black pickup truck pull up to the home and crashed through the gate. Shatter snapped on it and formed her arm into a cannon, firing at it. The truck tumbled and transformed into a large, black robot. It got up and began to return fire. After a second it put its hand to its head and began to speak.

"Prime, it's Ironhide! I found one of em."

Shatter picks up Y/N and pulls him to behind his house. She puts him down quickly and hunches to his level.

"What the hell is that?" He yelled. Shots blasting past the corner.

"It's an Autobot, somehow he found me. We have to get out of here. Get to the other side of the street!"  He didn't say a word as he began to run. As he reached the other side he watched Shatter prepare to fight.

The Autobot ran to her and began to engage in melee combat. Ironhide hits her in the stomach, she groans in pain as her recently healed wounds ache. He tries to punch her over head, however she catches his and then kicks his knee. He gets put o into a kneel before she swung her leg over him and tackled him to he ground. The tough Autobot manages to regain his strength, and pushes her off of him. She falls back, transforming mid fall into her Plymouth. As she drives in a donut, catching Ironhide off guard, as he falls she drives to Y/N.

"Y/N! Get in!" He jumps in as they speed down the road. Y/N watched through the rear window, as autobot struggled to get up. As they speed down the road, a yellow Camaro and pink Ferrari quickly make pursuit. Shatter tries to think on her wheels, and decides her next move. "Hold on, and stay still."

"What! Why!" Y/N yells, sitting up as the seatbelt shoots over him. Shatter then begin to transform into her Harrier jet, blasting off the road and into the sky. Quickly the Autobots managed to lose the pair, and they were in the clear. Y/N held on tight and began to panic.

"Don't worry, Y/N, we are safe. They can't fly." She tried to ease him, but it was to no effect.

"Heights, I really don't like heights." He replied. She decided to put a metal cover over the cockpit window.

"I am sorry I did not know. Please relax, we are safe." Her voice pulled him out of his state, calming him. There was a few minutes of silence as she flew as far from the scene as possible.

"You saved my life." Y/N breaks the silence.

"They were not there for you. They were after me and must've read my energon signal after I left your garage." She replied.

"What about my house?"

"We cannot go back. This is my fault." Her voice broke for a brief moment. Shatter feel responsible for putting him in danger. She could not accept him getting hurt. If he was to possibly die she wouldn't know what to do. She realized in that moment that he is all that she has now.

"It is not your fault, they were going to kill you. You were only protecting yourself. All I care about is that your safe." He comforted her. She went quiet and flew down to a secluded, old warehouse. The cockpit opened and allowed Y/N to climb out. He fell to the ground and threw up, as the heights completely scrambled him. She crouched down to him and put her hand on hi back.

"Are you alright? Did you get hurt?" She asks. He gets up, embarrassed about throwing up in front of machine. Even though her hand was made of metal, it was warm with the energon flowing within it.

"I am fine, are you?"

"My systems are nominal." She quickly realized she was touching him and pulled away. "We should get inside and stay low for the night, the Autobots will be looking for me." She quickly pulls open the warehouse door. They step inside and sit down in the quiet, hollow room.

Time passes.

As they sat next to each other, Y/N couldn't help but notice how close and relaxed Shatter had become ever since they were attacked. She has stuck closer to him and shown more compassion. He could help himself but to put his hand onto her leg. Her head snapped to him. He sighed.

"Why did you save me? You could've just left, like you said you were." He asked. She blinked. She did not know how to respond.

"Because I couldn't let you die. It's not who I am." She replied. "Plus, I care for you." She smiled to him. Shatter did not know how to properly convey her love for the human. It's ironic that the puny race of fleshlings she had a disdain toward was the one who saved her life, and treated her more than just a soldier.

"Really?" Y/N was surprised to hear this. It threw him off guard that the once emotionless killer and warmed up to him. "Well, just so you know, I care for you too."

Shatter looks away and covers her face, trying to hide the tear that formed in her eye. She stood up and walked to the other side of the room.

"What's wrong, did I say something wrong?" Y/N recoiled. She sighed.

"No, it's just..." She paused.

"...it's just hard to accept emotion, Y/N."

Y/N stood up and walked to her, he slowly put his hand onto her foot and looked up at her, red optics filled with liquid.

"Well please do not  think I don't want to help you, I want you to be free of all stress and pain." His words spoke volumes to the giant. The human hugged her shin.

The love he showed her was overwhelming, she fell to her bottom, creating a divot in the concrete floor. She chuckled.

Y/N smiled and apologized.