Chapter 3 - Cybertron's Fall

The sounds of gun fire echos the streets as the surface of Cybertron erupts into war. Seekers roam the skies as Autobot rebels try to pushback the Decepticon forces. Shatter stands above the city streets and observes the landscape that used to be her home. Dropkick walks up behind her. "Top brass is waiting for us, we must leave."

"I can't believe those Autobot fools think our world wasn't worth restoring. The corruption ran to the core, and the council of the Primes ran thick with greed." Shatter declares. Dropkick walks up next to her.

"It won't matter soon, the planets energon reserves are depleting fast with the passing solar cycles. We must return to Lord Megatron for our next move." Dropkick replies. Shatter nods and as the both dive from the high rise down to the street, transforming mid air into their Cybertronian aircrafts and blasting off to Kaon, the Decepticon HQ. Suddenly the comms begin firing up. A message from Soundwave begins -

"Alert! All Decepticons, Autobot forces are attempting to flee the eastern side of the planet via launch pad, requesting all forces to assist in stopping them."

Dropkick and Shatter begin heading towards the launch pad tower, where the large cell of Autobot rebels being lead by the last surviving member of the Primes, Optimus Prime, is helping fight back. Shatter lands behind the front lines as Dropkick continues forward, flying up to a vantage point. Shatter walks over to the ledge to see Shockwave. "Destroy the launchpad! Let none escape!" He declared as Seekers blast off towards the tower. She turns to see Tarn overlooking a war table, and analyzing the next move.

"S-411, you are needed for the direct push forward in the event of a stand still. Remain on standby." Shockwave commands, she reluctantly obeyed as she hated when others would use her mining designation digit rather than her chosen name, but began moving past the other foot soldiers towards the front line. Optimus is helping fight off vehicon troopers and single handedly allowing the other bots to escape quickly off world. Shatter fires her arm cannon at him only for him to tank the shot to the shoulder and return fire from his ion blaster, hitting her in her breastplate, nearly missing her spark chamber. She falls to the ground with the wind knocked out of her as troopers continue to run past her. She begins to fade out and closes her eyes.

Shatter gasps as she wakes up, clinging to her chest, to find that the hole where she was shot is gone. She looks around to find herself in Y/N garage. It was a dream. She feels a sharpness within her when she remembers the final days of Cybertron, one that she doesn't care enough to share with anyone. She may be a heartless, calculated killer who serves a tyrannical overlord, but she didn't want her home to be met with the hellfire and destruction brought by the Decepticons. Autobots may have been the enemy, but they were never the ones to bring ruin, but instead to help it. Her optics flicker down as what can only be described as a tear falls. Maybe Prime was right, about a peaceful Cybertron?

Y/N opens the door and turns on the light to see shatter sitting up by herself. She quickly composes herself as she looks at him with a devious smirk.

"You're finally back, friend Y/N. You better be ready to work until I'm ready to leave." She said as Y/N walked over to her. He looked down at the floor to see a wet splash.

"Were you crying? Why is the floor soaked." He questioned.

She widened her eyes, getting upset.

"Your craftsmanship has left my wounds poorly secure, that was from your pathetic attempts." She tried to dodge with an insult.

"Your right, I'm sorry. Let me continue to fix you up, and when I'm done you can get out." Y/N didn't want her to get upset, not get hurt. Shatter slouched back down, letting the human climb up to her shoulder and begin cleaning her exterior.