"Are you okay?" Derek came up to Nova, questioning with concern.

She nodded, "Just ready for this night to end. Are you alright?" It had been a long night for the two, dealing with their own things.

And stoic as always he replied, "I'm fine." Despite there being a lot wrong, he never wanted her to worry.

Nova smiled softly, a sense of relief that the night was over and things had come out with some good outcomes, "Good. I have to get home, but I will see you tomorrow."

"You don't want to stay at the loft?" He furrowed his eyebrows as he asked.

Shaking her head softly, she sent him a smile, "Maybe next time. I think it'll ease mine and my dads mind if I go home and sleep there tonight. Stiles is going to give me a ride. " She explained.

He nodded, leaning down to press a kiss to her lips, "Call me if you need anything."

"I will." She assured him.

* 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ☾˚ 。* 。 • ˚

As soon as Nova's head hit her pillow, she couldn't fight off the sleep that had been pulling at her all day. She needed it, she needed to rest and if she was being honest, it was all she craved and wanted. Her deep slumber of peaceful thoughts soon turned into a battle of trying to remain asleep.

She tossed and turned in her bed, "No...no..." She spoke still in her slumber, "Please..." She begged. Tears streamed down her face, as she continued to wince, "I'm sorry."

"Nova." Her father's voice boomed as he stormed in to see what was going on in his daughter's room, "Nova, you gotta wake up." He shook her gently trying to coax her awake.

It took several minutes but when her eyes sprung open, she sat up quickly in her spot. Her hands came up to her chest as she tried to catch her breath. She turned to face her dad with a confused and fearful expression.

His eyes softened at his daughter's distraught self, "What's going on?"

"I haven't been honest with you about something."

Nova and her dad sat at the dining table, the girl deciding that school was just not going to be in her plan today. They sat with mugs of teas set in front of them, Nova finding it more interesting as her dad waited for her to talk.

She took a deep breath before speaking, still not meeting his eyes, "After the whole Nogitsune thing, I started getting nightmares. I didn't think anything of it until they started getting worse. When Derek was gone they were just as bad and even when he wasn't, they're all the same."

"You've done that with Derek." He referred to the terrified screams that came from her as a result of her terrors.

She shook her head, "Sometimes I'll just stay awake, not wanting to bother him." She admitted shamefully, "I even tried spelling my mind but it only lasted so long."

"This has happened before?" He questioned, and he received the same timid nod, "And you were alone?"

Her head lowered as her eyes glistened with tears, "I thought I could handle it, I always wake up." A raspy undertone came from the softened voice, and it told that she was tired,

"And you've just now realized you can't?" He pressed. "Does Derek know about them?"

"I told him about the nightmares but he thinks it's just that–" She released a sad sigh. "I don't know what to call them anymore."

"It was only affecting my sleep before. Now it's become this constant ache in my head, and I keep wishing it was the kind where an aspirin could fix it but it's not." She finally lifted her head to meet her fathers equally distraught face, "It makes me feel like I'm going insane."