RECOURSE! Pt. 04: Claim It, and It Shall Be So! [Story No. 06]

Start from the beginning

All of this begs a particular question though: am I really so weak that I can't even settle and dominate my own brain?

"No, you're not weak, Dexter," Zuri-Head starts, speaking in an almost motherly tone. While I didn't ask that question out loud, she managed to hear it. Scary. I wonder what else she's heard. "You're just anxious and confused, which has you flustered, so it's hard to get a grasp on things. That's only natural, especially after what D'Voorz put you through. Also, I can hear everything since this is your mind I'm in, so I would love it if you just called me Zuri instead of 'Zuri-Head'. I'm aware that I don't have my full body right now, so I don't need you repeatedly pointing the shit out, my nigga."

"Alright, alright. Sorry, Zuri. Haha! That attitude though," I observe, weakly laughing and rubbing the back of my head. "Man, I swear that shit must run in you and Shan's blood."

"UGGGGGGH! BRUH! CAN YOU, LIKE, NOT RIGHT NOW?! I DON'T WANNA TALK ABOUT THAT WAYNCH!" blares Zuri, her ethereal voice thundering and reverberating more intensely than before. Her eyes have now returned to being a radiating royal blue, which is probably a sign that she's pissed off.

"ALRIGHT! ALRIGHT! CHILL! I was only making an observation, not trying to start shit. Jesus...,"

"Yeah, that's what you say," she scoffs, rolling her eyes and releasing crackling, blue embers at the same time. "You seem real obsessed with my cousin though, bruh. It's giving creepy-deepy, fa'real."

"Fuck that! I am NOT obsessed with her! Actually, it's more like she's obsessed with ME, especially with all of the constant torment she puts me through! Fuckin' day in and day out, always popping up when I least expect it and don't want her company. Matter of fact, I NEVER want her company!" I pause and, in a moment of anger, shove my right fist into the tender and viscous floor, which causes me a measure of immense pain. I forgot this is my brain I'm inside of. Anymore outbursts like that and I may very well damage it. Probably what D'Voorz is hoping for by trapping me here. "Anyway, I'm still confused on how you're inside of my head. Is it because we're both unconscious?"

"Bruh, I know you're not changing the subject like that, are you? We're supposed to be discussing your obsession with my cousin, not this fucked up psychic link! Stick to the script, fam."

"Okay, wait a minute: first you didn't want to talk about Shan, now you want to psychoanalyze and falsely accuse me of being obsessed with her? Make up your fuckin' mind!"

"Talking about your obsession is not the same as talking about her, my nigga. I can mention her in passing without lingering on anything about her. You have a serious problem when it comes to Shan. I peeped all of that while you were sleep."

"Wait - you were probing my fuckin' mind?! That's an invasion of privacy!"

"Fuck your privacy! I'm in here for some reason, so gon' 'head and say goodbye to that shit," she voices with a heavy sigh, sounding more perturbed than eager to be privy to all of my deepest, darkest thoughts. The veins in her face are pulsating rapidly now and emitting a more fulgent golden glow. An "explosion" of sorts seems imminent. "For the record, you think about feet entirely too much. It's confusing and unsettling for me, especially since I'm on a 'tape' in the perverted recesses of your mind."

"Wait, you know about that?!" I scream, my speech almost cut short by an asthma attack that stops as soon as it starts.

Like I said before, I'm always trapped in my mind. However, being metaphysically trapped here is something I'm not quick to adjust to. I can feel so much pain, but it moves through me faster than a synapse, which for some reason feels like it could possibly kill me if I'm not careful. That aside, my world feels like it's falling apart right now. I mean, it might not seem like a big deal since it is only Zuri, but I'd rather NOBODY know about "the tapes".