Chapter 15

Chapter 15

Finding herself standing upright back in the throne room, where George first slid away from her, Devinah didn't know what to say. Her scream ended abruptly, and she glanced over to George.

The broad grin on his face showed her that he had enjoyed himself way to much. Realising that she still had a clenching tight hold on his hand, she reluctantly released him. She didn't want to admit that she had enjoyed holding his hand and the wonderful tingles that continued to run across her skin.

Thinking back on their time down in that room only reminded her of their shared kiss. The power in George's lips had threatened to scorch both of them. With a sigh, she pressed her fingers to her lips and hoped he'd find control of his dragon soon. She couldn't wait for another chance to kiss him.

"Are you okay, Devinah?" George asked as he peered at her.

"What? Yes, I'm fine. I'll go and contact Sander and Cupid," Devinah said to fill the space.

"And to figure out why my mother is in these pictures."

Sander and Cupid were too intrigued by the mystery when they arrived. While awaiting them, George had considered that surely the other Holidaze leaders would know his mother if she had spent time in the Halloween Holidaze.

"Let's see what you've got, George," Sander held out his hand.

"Did you know her?" George asked as he handed the photos over and pointed out his mother.

Sander almost shot out of his chair and Cupid froze as they stared at the pictures. They said nothing for a long time, until George's curiosity grew too great.

"So, did you know her?" George repeated.

"Yes," Sander admitted but didn't elaborate.

"When she left the Halloween Holidaze it was a good day," Cupid blurted.

"What?" George asked in amazement.

"Raven was the biggest trickster and troublemaker here," Sander said with a shake of his head.

"My mother? Are you kidding me?"

"Wait a moment, she's your mother?" Cupid couldn't hide his shock.

"Yes, of course, she is. Why else would I bring you these photos except that I saw my mother's image in them? I need you to take me to my home," George waved a hand.

"You can't leave the Halloween Holidaze," Sander protested.

"Not forever. I just need answers about my life. Why am I here? Why is she out there in the human world? My mother was always the most caring woman to me, so none of this makes sense," George pointed out as he shook his head.

"If this is your mother then she does actually belong here, not in the human world. As a trickster she could cause a lot of problems for the humans," Sander mused.

"She's not a trickster!"

"I think we should sneak him out to see his mother. Yes, its dangerous taking him out of here but it's dangerous leaving her out there too," Cupid explained.

"She's been out there for all of those years and hasn't caused any problems. Why would she start causing problems now?" George asked with crossed arms.

"She no longer has your stabling influence anymore. Even as a child, you would have provided a Halloween Holidaze influence and kept her stable. A trickster in the human world," Sander shuddered.

"Let's go. I'll grab my bows and arrows in case we need them," Cupid nodded.

"We don't need anyone falling in love," Devinah mused.