Prologue

Never have I ever guessed I'd be here, my uncle always told me to stay away from prison, but then again, he spoke from firsthand experience. 

Hopefully, that asshole really won't be waiting for me, he could be dead for all I care. 

Khada: Hey, Y/N, figure it's time to get to know each other, a year of silence ain't good for the both of us. 

Bubba: Amen to that. 

Khada and Bubba smirk at each other, then look back at me as I lift my head off the table.

The guard starts banging his shield with his nightstick. 

Guard: YARD TIME! IT'S YARD TIME! GET THE FUCK ON!

Y/N: I'll tell you outside.

Our trio selves walk outside, sitting on the bench as we watch some goons play basketball. 

Y/N: Ready? 

Khada rubs his scar on his face. 

Khada: Ready as I'll ever be, cellmate. 

I take a breath and go back in time.

Y/N: It all started...

FLASHBACK POV

It's been a horrible fucking day, ass sleep, ass shanty town, and the news I just got was ass.

Messenger: Sorry son, no messages for you, well, not from your lady friend back home at least...

He tosses me an envelope that came from my uncle, I set my drink down and just stare at it for a moment.

I pick it up and open it, regretfully. 

I can almost imagine him reading this to me. 

Uncle: Boy, I don't expect you to take this well, but your fiancée has passed, there's no putting it lightly. 

I feel myself losing consciousness over what I just read... Belle's gone... but I gain myself and read the rest of it.

Uncle: She's been battling breast cancer for months, even when you slid the ring on her finger boy, I'm sorry that she never told anyone, even you. 

Reading this just makes me tear up, but I see that I'm not the only one. 

Jayce is crying as well; we all hate it here. 

I read the final portion of his little letter, avoiding making a scene. 

Uncle: Seems like you got my curse, the family just dying around me, first my brother, now my niece-in-law.

His brother, he was talking about Mom and Dad, I never even got a chance to speak to them, they were gone before I spat out my first words.

Uncle: I am sending you this letter to say goodbye boy, when you come back, I'm not going to be around there for you. I feel if I stay close to you then you'll die also, and I can't have that happen. If you were here with me, you'd say something sarcastic to make me laugh, but no. 

I pause at the last words.

Uncle: Goodbye for good.

Not even an "I love you"?!

Goodbye for good... Goodbye for good... Goodbye for good... Goodbye for- 

Y/N: FUCK!

I scream it, shredding the letter. 

I stand up, punching the wall over and over again, I don't care how much it physically hurts, nothing will hurt more than what I just fucking read... nothing...