"Tommo Tummy" (Part 2)

Louis's pov

I bawled my eyes out in my car, my intrusive thoughts blocking out the sound of Harry yelling my name and banging on the window. "Lou! Boobear, please open the door! I can help!" After a few minutes, Haz gave in. But instead of walking inside, he just leaned on the hood of my car and started scrolling on his phone casually.

I was confused at first, wondering why he wasn't just walking away. Later, I came to the accurate conclusion that I just happen to have the best boyfriend ever.

After about 20-25 minutes, I slowly and reluctantly opened the door. Harry looks up and stuffs his phone in his pocket, smiling at me softly. My eyes are all puffy and bloodshot. He opens his arms and I fall into them immediately, and start to cry again. My face is hidden in his chest and my arms are folded vertically in front of me. He holds me tighter when my sobs get louder, rocking us slowly back and forth. He kisses the top of my head repeatedly, whispering comforting words in my ear. I'm no longer bawling, but still crying, letting out all of my worries with my favorite person in the world.

I wrap my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck as he puts his hands under my bum, supporting me. He sits down on the steps leading up to our house, but I don't let go of him. After a few moments, he asks me, "Do you want to talk about it?" He doesn't say anything else.

I bury my face in the side of his neck as he rubs the small of my back soothingly. 

"I hate it!" I cry out suddenly.

"Shhh... It's gonna be okay. What do you hate?" He asks softly. 

"I- I-i-i... I h-h-hate-" Harry understands that I need more time. "You don't have to tell me now. You don't have to tell me at all. But I can help you if you do tell me. At some point."

Jesus, how did I get so lucky?

"I- I hate myself!" I start to sob again. "I hate everything about me and I hate how I sound and I hate that I'm useless and I hate that I'm fat and I hate that I'm ugly and I hate that I have ugly hair and I hate that nothing looks good on me and I hate my personality and I hate that no one could ever love me!"

I start hyperventilating, and my ears start ringing. I start seeing black spots, and I'm shaking all over. Hazza notices too, and holds me tighter. He then takes one of my hands and puts it where his heart is, so I can feel his heartbeat and the motion of his chest rising and falling with his breath. "Shhh. Breathe with me, Baby. It's gonna be okay. Shhh. I'm right here."

I lean my head on his shoulder and start to slow my breathing. Soon enough, my panic attack is over.

"Hey Boobear?" He says, getting my attention. "Could I tell you something?" I nod, so he continues. "I really really want you to know this, so listen close. I love you so so so so much. You're perfect. You're funny and supportive and smart and hardworking. You're the most caring person I've ever met. And Jesus, don't even get me started on that singing voice of yours. God, your appearance? Sinful. I mean, who made it legal for someone to have the perfect face, the fashion sense of the gods above, the legs of a fooking model, and oh my Lord. That perfect stomach of yours. Perfect for cuddling. Now, maybe you don't love yourself, but I love you more than anyone in the world. You're the most amazing handsome flawless human on the planet, and anyone who says otherwise is clearly uneducated."

I nuzzle my face into his neck and feel bad. Haz said all those amazing things and I still don't feel much better.

After a few seconds of silence, I whisper, "Hazzie? Hazzie, why can't I believe you? Why- why is it so hard for me to understand why you haven't left me yet? Why you love me? You-" My voice cracks, and he whispers soothing words in my ear.

I continue, "You said all those perfect compliments, but as much as I want to, I can't accept them. Why?"

Instead of responding, he sings,

"Your hand fits in mine like it's made just for me. But bear this in mind, it was meant to be." He kisses the top of my head and rocks us back and forth slowly. "And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks, and it all makes sense to me." He pushes me away from him softly as he gazes into my eyes. He smiles at me fondly and I get lost in his green ones. He nuzzles his face in my hair and mutters, "I love you so, so, so much, Louis Tomlinson." I shake my head and say, "I love you too."

He continues, "I know you've never loved the crinkles by your eyes when you smile, you've never loved your stomach or your thighs. Or the dimples in your back at the bottom of your spine but I'll love them endlessly."

I giggle softly. "You can't quote our own songs, Hazza." He winks at me. "Says who?"

"I won't let these little things slip out of my mouth. But if I do, it's you. Oh it's you they add up to. I'm in love with you. And all your little things." He presses his nose into my hair.

"Your turn." He says to me. Ever-so-quietly, I sing, "You can't go to bed without a cuppa tea." My voice got shaky, and for some reason, I felt myself about to cry. So Haz came to my rescue and sang, "And maybe that's the reason that you talk in your sleep." Together, hand-in-hand, we sing, "And all those conversations are the secrets that I keep. Though it makes no sense to me."

He stares fondly at me as if he's singing these words to me, not as if he's just singing because he knows I like it.

"I know you've never loved the sound of your voice on tape. You never want to know how much you weigh." I swallow, because although we didn't write this (Ed so kindly did), Harry wanted this verse. He knew I was insecure, but last time, it was nowhere near this bad. He still wanted it though.

I bury my face in his chest once again as he sings, "You don't have to squeeze into your jeans. And you're perfect to me."

My eyes tear up and I smile as I hear his lyric change. "I love you I love you I love you." I mumble into his chest. "I love you more I love you more I love you more." He mumbles in return.

"I wont let these little things slip out of my mouth. But if it's true, it's you. It's you they add up to. I'm in love with you, and all these little things."

"You'll never love yourself half as much as I love you. And you'll never treat yourself right, darling, but I want you to. If I let you know I'm here for you, maybe you'll love yourself like I-"

"You sing!" I chime in.

He throws his head back laughing and continues through giggles, "love you."

We sing the last chorus together in harmony.

Haz holds me close as we walk inside. "Nothing can come between You & I." He says to me.