"Sure." I answered her question, which she responded with a smile and Ilias with a sigh.

"We'll continue later." I replied Ilias, who gave me a cold look, took his papers in his hand and closed the door with a loud bang as he left.

"Okayyy, the street mutt has no manners." Felicia said while staring at the door.

"Firstly, he's not a street dog and secondly, sit down you wanted to talk."

"Yep sorry." With these words she turned to me and sat down on the chair on which Ilias was just sitting.

"I'm here to ask how you are." she asked me.

Confused, I asked her "Why?"

"Well, I don't know, you've been so tense and confused since last week." she replied with a sympathetic look on her face.

"I'm doing well."

"Reyes, I hope you've gotten to know me well over the years, and know that I don't believe you." she retorted as she got up from her chair and walked over to me.

I slumped back in my chair and she began massaging my shoulders.

"You want to make sure that you're okay, but even your shoulders and neck are so tight." she said to me while I kept my eyes closed.

"I'm fine Felicia, there's just one thing on my mind at the moment that I can't get out of my head." I replied back to her.

"What is it?" she spoke very strongly into my ear so that I felt her warm breath on my neck and immediately got up from the chair.

"Nothing on your mind, it's complicated, could you go I have a mission to get ready for." I replied in a stern tone.

"Um okay.." she started and walked past me to the door but stopped in front of me and reached up her hand to cup my cheek, but I automatically took a step back.

"As I said, if it should be something I'm here." were her last words to which I didn't answer and she disappeared from my office.

It's been 2 weeks, 2 weeks where she's still floating around in my thoughts.

For the past few weeks, I've still been struggling with how those two meaningless words came to my mind on the day of the fight and why I said them.

Since the age of 19 I have vowed never to marry anyone let alone show genuine love to any person.

Marriage will never be an option for me.

In the basic rules of mafia law it was prescribed to marry a woman and make her your donna who would give the don his heirs.

Many of the dons don't marry for love but for power.

I don't need a woman by my side, love or the continuation of my mafia that my father handed over to me.

If it comes to that, I will hand over the Mafia post to one of my siblings.

Lost in my thoughts, I didn't hear the door next to me open at all, only footsteps approaching me, whereupon I instinctively let my elbow swing backwards and a groan was heard.

When I turned around I stopped my punch and saw Ilias in front of me holding his nose hissing.

"What the hell." he glared at me with a stunned face.

"It's your own fault, who's sneaking up on someone from behind?" I repeated in my daily steady voice.

"First of all I didn't sneak up and secondly we don't have time for that right now, we have to prepare for the mission." he explained while taking his hand off his nose to see if he was bleeding.

My blow wasn't bad enough to bleed, but hard enough that it will hurt for a few hours and eventually swell and turn blue.

"You should check your aggression problems." Ilias said as we walked out of my office into the meeting room where we always discuss our mission strategies and other business meetings that took place here.

"My aggression problems are fine, you should work on your pain sensitivity because my punch wasn't that hard"

Before you join my mafia, you are put in a capsule where your sensitivity to pain is tested using different types of pain. Those who reach a certain tolerance are allowed to join and once a month this is also checked during the entire health check and, if possible, the men are also allowed to train their sensitivity to pain under the supervision of our doctor Pablo.

Arrived in the meeting room, silence fell after we entered the room.

Out of respect for their Don, the men chosen for this mission stop talking and rise from their chairs.

After nodding to them, I allowed them to sit down and took my place as well, while Ilias stepped between me and the screen.

"As you already know, I have chosen you all for the mission against the Casmas" Ilias began and an outline of one of the Casmas warehouses appeared on the screen. "We had arranged a delivery of arms with the Casmas which we never received, and also found out that one of you had tampered with the orders so that the system showed that the order had arrived, which was not the case."

And immediately there were quiet conversations that puzzled who it could be.

I looked around and when I got up all the conversations ended and all their attention was mine again.

"As you just found out, we had a rate in the mafia who thought they could order me without me noticing." The faces changed again to a softer facial expression because with the words "had" it became clear to them that this person was no longer sitting at the table but had long since rotted away in hell or in the basement.

"Now I remind you again that you have sworn to the omerta and in this omerta you swear loyalty to me and my mafia, I do not tolerate small rates who think they can break the omerta and on top of that try to betray me" I started to speak in a cold voice and continued in a calmer voice, which at the same time showed who had the upper hand here "As soon as you enter my mafia, I see everything you do, even things I don't want to see at all and learn every little detail about you, So think carefully if you want to play games with your life that will lead you to play games with the devil or stay loyal and keep your life." I finished my point.

Some faces showed a slight fear and some thoughtful ones.

After asking Ilias to continue speaking, I sat down in my chair and continued to listen to him. Because to be honest, in the meeting before that, I didn't have a single thought in my head except her.

Ilias explained all the entrances and gaps that the warehouse has and which group will attack from where.

The snipers are positioned on the house next to it, the group that will set off the smoke bombs to distract the Casmas starts first and the other groups run in one by one. Ilias and I will enter the warehouse through the main entrance that will be blown up by a bomb beforehand.

If everything goes according to plan, the mission will go smoothly.

We enter the building, get the guns and leave, hoping none of our men die.

"Understood everything?" asked Ilias in the group and received numerous yeses and nods.

"Prepare yourselves, we're leaving in half an hour"

Ilias and I also follow the men out to get ready for the mission that will take place in half an hour.