"Look, I shoot things with style, and I look good. Just play to my strengths, boss", Jesper eventually said after receiving nothing but an eye roll from Winnie.

"Alina Starkov will be kept at the Little Palace. Entering it will require us to be quiet. If we're blowing something up, we've likely failed", Kaz responded.

"Then we should take Inej", Winnie chimed in, not wanting Kaz to forget about the way he had left things with her.

"She's a good investment. More quiet then he'll ever be", she continued, gesturing to Jesper.

"She can't stay here, you know that."

Kaz ignored her and continued walking ahead.

"Hang on", Jesper stopped the two by holding his arms out. "Aren't we on Pekka's turf now?"

"I go to Heleen now and ask for her buyout, she knows I need Inej and sets a price I can't pay", Kaz explained.

"That's evil. How do you know that?" Jesper asked.

"It's what he would do", Winnie said moving past the two boys.

"Inej refuses to kill. Would you trust her in a matter of life and death?" Kaz said.

"Always", Winnie turned around to respond immediately, her tone serious and stern.

"Well, I've trusted her so far and I'm still alive, so, yeah", Jesper added.

Kaz glanced between the two, acknowledging that they made their positions clear.

"Now, either of you want to tell me why we're scoping out a rival club?" Jesper asked.

"To have a talk with an old business partner", Kaz replied.

"I'm simply going to have a catch up with a friend", Winnie added.

Poppy was one of the few people in the Dime Lions who showed her any kindness during her time there. They had helped her through one of her darkest moments and had taught her a few fashion tips and tricks she desperately needed.

Kaz and Jesper shot her a look before Jesper said, "The bouncers will know both of you on sight."

"That's why we bought you", Kaz said.

"Our little distraction", Winnie added as she tipped Jesper's hat slightly.

"Make sure they don't see us", Kaz said as he and Winnie walked towards the Emerald Palace.

"Handsome decoy is also not a Jesper talent", Jesper said as he straightened his hat back to normal.

Winnie knew her way around the Emerald Palace and so took the lead in front of Kaz.

They clung themselves close to the walls as Jesper tricked the bouncers with a shot to one of the signs.

Winnie had to hold back laughter as she heard Jesper toying with the bouncers. At one point she failed and let out a small scoff which earned her a smack from Kaz's cane to the back of her leg.

Eventually they made it through the doors and walked through the hallways.

Winnie felt her heart start to race. She kept herself hidden in her shadows as anyone around could recognise her and run to tell Pekka a certain shadow summoner was roaming around his gambling den.

"How are you faring?" Kaz whispered as they turned a corner away from anyone's sight.

Winnie let herself appear behind him and replied "fine" in the most convincing tone she could muster.