[ End of flashback ]

Author's POV;

Grace couldn't calm herself down. She kept thinking about last night and to distract herself, she went to do some house chores. She got 1 week break from work so she will be home all the time.

She went to kitchen and started to clean the utensils and equipments. After few moments, she noticed a big knife is missing from her kitchen.

She frowned and started to look for it but it was nowhere to be found.

It was strange cause she had always kept things in their place. She was thinking where she could have put it until she heard a noise from her room.

"What's with the sound? Lemme check." she went to upstairs with slow steps. When she reached to her room, she wandered her eyes here and there but couldn't found the source of that sound. She frowned and thought if she heard wrong.

"I heard it wrong, perhaps. This is all happening cause of last night." She sighed and got out of her room, closing the door behind, not noticing the shadow behind the door.

-

In the late evening, at around 8 p.m, she was out of her home to have some snacks from the nearby store. The clouds were slightly roaring, hinting an upcoming storm.

She bought some ramen, lunch box and BBQ chicken. She sat in a table and started to eat the snacks. While eating, she was enjoying the weather and the atmosphere through the glass windows.

Suddenly, an uncanny feeling crept through her body as she felt someone staring deeply at her. But not from the store, from the dark narrow lane a little further outside the store.

She gulped a lump in her throat and tried to shake the feelings off. She continued to eat but the feeling of being stared is not letting her swallow the food.

She packed the leftover food and left the store. The sky was darker due to the clouds. She kept glancing at the lane while passing by it. A hint of fear and uneasiness was lingering in her eyes. She looked away and started to walk through the other side;

With the feeling of someone staring deep into her soul from behind.

After dinner, Grace was watching a horror movie in the TV while enjoying the snacks. Suddenly, her phone rang. She checked the caller ID and it was her friend.

“Hello, Evelyn. What's up?”

“Hi, Grace. Have you watched the news?”

“Which news?”

“Apparently there has been a massacre in one of the residence in the downtown. A lot of people were killed brutally. Check the news channel and you will get to know. I called to warn you about it since you live nearby and all alone. Be careful, sweetums.”

“Thank you, girly. Imma check the news right away.”

She hung up the phone and frantically went to the news channel. A sudden rush of adrenaline made her tensed.

“Today in the evening, there has been a terrifying massacre in a villa located at the 7 Elm Residential Street, downtown. The occurrence is guessed to take place around 8 p.m.”