|Chapter 24| The Notion Of Self Doubt

Start from the beginning

A person who would silently listen to me and will find a solution. A person who will protect me from harm and will support me in good and bad. A person who would cuddle me to sleep and caressed my hairs. Isn't that person supposed to be a husband? Shouldn't a husband comfort his wife whenever she is feeling down. All my life I have been waiting for that one feeling when you know that you're not alone that there is someone who can burn the whole world down for you?

Am I not worthy enough to dream a man like that in my life? Am I that bad that no one likes me? Am I not worthy of someone's love? Don't I deserve some happiness in life? Ya Allah! You know the best, Indeed. I know that you have thought something best for me. I asked for your kindness upon me. You will never leave your creation in distress. You are my savior.

I put my complete trust in You. I may have no one but I still got You and I am sure that You will never leave me alone even in my bad times.
****

So, I got dressed and climbed downstairs. I was dressed causally today. As I reached the kitchen, I found the young maids busy in work.

There were noises of clattering of cups and delicious aroma wafted in the air of the breakfast meal. I stood there staring at them before making my presence known

"Good morning, everyone. Maybe..can I be of some help?"

I asked rather hopefully. I have nothing to do all day and I got pretty bored when you don't have any work to do and on top that no one also didn't talk to you. I want to keep myself busy in something and I guess kitchen can be a perfect distraction.

I can spent my most of the time in the kitchen and it will also save me from Zohra aunty's constant glaring and taunting. May be. But my hopes died when the maid replied

"All our work has been done. Also, we are not allowed to ask help from family members. It's our job and as you can see we are perfectly handling everything. We don't need extra burden."

Her words stung like a bee. Why so much hate? I never disgraced her or ever tried to humiliate her. She always talked to me nicely before my marriage. Now what happened? My mood damped and I resisted the urge to cry. I should not cry.

The other maids gasped not expecting her to talk so bluntly with me. But it happened anyways. The head maid, Zubeda khala came here and the maid immediately went back to work like nothing happened.

When she saw me, a smile made it's way on her lips. Atleast, there is someone who can be happy when they saw me. She approached me before asking me politely

"Beta, what are you doing here?"

I smiled lightly before asking

"I just came to help you. But I think all the work has already been done."

I saw from my peripheral vision that the maid scoffed lightly before continuing her work. I frowned but faced Zubeda khala again. She stroked my hairs softly before saying

"Oh dear, you shouldn't bother yourself. We are here to handle everything."

She is always so sweet. She then stated

"But if our girl wants to help us that you can help us in making today's lunch. But please don't tell this to choti sahiba. It will not be good."

I nodded my head frequently before assuring her

"Don't worry. My lips are sealed. I will carefully help you."

She chuckled lightly before I exited the kitchen. It's only 5 minutes to nine so I decided to sit down at the dining. As I reached the room, Zarnish stumbled into me causing me to lose my balance. But before I could fall, I balanced myself.