Leofric sighed a light knocking coming to the door, he took to his feet and walked to it.

"Who's there?" He demanded an answer.

"It's me, you loud Bear, open up." Aethelwold's voice muffled through the door.

"Let him in, I asked him to snoop about." said Eadgyth.

When Leofric opened the door Aethelwold sauntered in with a scowl nose pointed up in the air. Leofric gave a roll of his eyes, "Arsling number one gets the smallest task and becomes insufferable." Leofric muttered replacing himself at Khaana's bedside.

"Snooping were you? Speak" Khaana said, her eyes trained on Aethelwold with faint curiosity.

Aethelwold gave a complacent smile but lingered in silence for the dramatic flare as well as just to enjoy the attention. All eyes in the room were on him, waiting on him for his word. Aethelwold quite liked that feeling.

"Stop basking and speak," Khaana spoke in a slow warning. Her irritation flashed across her eyes like a shooting star across the night sky.

"O-of course" Aethelwold stammered clearing his throat after.

"I can only say....nothing was said."

Khaana narrowed her eyes at the young man's words.

"He's useless." Leofric scoffed.

Khaana's eyes twitched with scrutiny, "no," she spoke carefully.

"Nothing said is very loud here where there would certainly be lots of talk about the king's holy messenger collapsing on her wedding day." Khaana reasoned.

Aethelwold's lips stretched into a fox-like grin, "my thoughts exactly. Everyone had little to say right down to the little people, the servants. As if someone'd commanded their silence." he said.

"Someone like who? Surely you don't think it was an Alderman? They're the only ones who could inspire such obedience without Lord Alfred's hand." Eadgyth shook her head, " even then none of them are mad enough to target the Herald." She said.

"They would if they could simply blame it on a cook or poorly trained chambermaid." Said Leofric.

Khaana watched Aethelwold silently and he held her gaze with that same mischievous smirk. "Do you know what I think?" It said.

Khaana arched a brow in an unvoiced, "You're sure?" As her eyes flashed in annoyance.

Aethelwold's smile grew. Leofric glanced between the two. "I do not much care for either of those looks." He said.

Khaana moved to the edge of the bed and stood up. Leofric followed her to his feet. "I need to leave this place before things become....red," she murmured.

Leofric shared a confused glance with his sister.

I am currently stationed with Arsling number two and Mildreth. But I can get us a room at the inn until we are to return." Said Leofric. It didn't settle well in the pit of his stomach that he'd no solid home to offer her yet.

"But from what you know of the Danes, it is likely he wouldn't have either." Leofric thought to himself.

" Leofric thought to himself