C7: Sunken Treasure

Following Hope's directions, Griffin pulled the Scirocco in front of her uncle's condo. It was a clean, upscale building about twelve blocks from the lake. "Welcome to yuppieville," Hope announced, leaning back against the Scirocco's headrest.

"It looks like a pretty nice neighborhood," Griffin observed.

"Tell that to all the working-class folks who used to live here,"

"Why? What happened to them?"

"Yuppies raised the rents and drove them out," Hope replied.

"Bummer."

"Can we just hang for a minute? I don't want to deal with my uncle's crap right now." She closed her eyes.

"Sure, no problem," replied Griffin, happy to have a few more moments with her. He eyed the glove compartment warily. "What do you think we should do with Conrad's drugs?"

"Well I'm not taking them. I don't even wanna think what would happen if I got caught with that stuff."

Griffin nodded, remembering the neighborhood watch officers' assumption that Hope was hiding drugs. "I don't wanna drive back with it. If I get pulled over I could go to jail." He made a decision and put the car in gear.

"Where we going?" Hope asked, opening her eyes.

"I'm gonna throw it in the lake," Griffin replied.