im sorry • suprise suprise

mom?

I walked closer.

time seemed to freeze and everything happened in slow motion.

Then all my flashbacks hit me.

Everything that happened 5 almost 6 years ago.

I ran, I ran to her.

I wasn't mad or upset or frustrated.
I was happy I was in joy to see my mother. Even though she hasn't been there and she has put me through a lot of shit she is still my mom and I really would've wanted my mom in my life while I had the twins, and while I was going through problems with Jonathan, but she is here now and that is the most that matter.

"mom? is it really you" I said still not believe I was hugging the women that missed out so much in my life.

"yeah baby girl, it's mom." she said

once she said that I started crying.

my mom felt the tears on her purple t-shirt and she hugged me even tighter.

"mom I-I missed y-you so much" I said in between sobs.

my mom was crying to.

"and I missed you my princess, I came here to say I'm sorry. I'm sorry for everything I did to you, everything since the start, lying about your father, being so overprotected, not letting you live your live, I'm mostly sorry for not being party of your life when you needed me the most, I wasn't there to be with you when you had mommy issues and I wasn't there to see you become the wonderful women of engaged women you are" she said as she locked her eyes with mine.

I was speechless.

all I could do was cry. I hugged her again even tighter. I missed this.

I missed my mommy.

after a while of standing there and hugging each other balling her eyes out, I had to ask her a question that I really wanted to know.

"mom, why?"

"why did you just let me go, why did you let me move out the house that night, why didn't you stop me instead you laughed, why?"

my mom sighs.

"honey, I wasn't myself I was stressed and I was depressed, bills were-

I cut her off.

"mom but if it was with bills then why did you take it out on me" I asked

remembering exactly want happened that night.

"cause you were the only person in my life, I wanted to put the blame on anyone but me and you were the only one there". she said sobbing.

"I'm sorry Jess if only I could go back-

"mom it's okay I have forgiven you, you don't have to worry about it anymore. last question how about dad?" I said.

she started crying again.

"he-he did it again. he got what he wanted and left me in the dust" I was confused.

"what do you mean mom" I asked her.

"h-he, I-I...... YOU HAVE A SISTER" I was in shock.

then it all added up together.

all my dad wanted was to sleep with my mom.

"mom? i....I don't know what to say" I said.

"it's okay honey I expected that out of you" she said.

"but your aunt has her" she said.

"what do you mean my aunt had her" I asked.

"Jessica I'm 40 years old, I don't have the capacity of running after a 5 year old. so your aunt rose took her in, she is your cousin/sister" she said.

"so that means that my kids will have an aunt their age." I said as soon as realization hit me