seeking help.

[tw for abuse and sensitive topics like basement-locking-in]

mike and richie spent the rest of that day together, mike helping richie ignore his phone if anything were to pop up.

richie went home, miserable as per usual, already pissed. he saw his parents in the living room.

"look who's fucking home," maggie said, sitting up.

"okay, don't even try turning things on me—" richie started.

"turning things on you?! it's your fault that you left school in the first place!" maggie screamed.

"it's really not," richie argued.

"then who's fault is it? your real mother's? because she would be disappointed."

"take her name out of your disgusting mouth, you fucking asshole," richie snapped. wentworth stood and abruptly stormed up to richie, who slapped him in the face and kicked his legs.

"the fuck did you just say?!" the man screamed, as richie collapsed to the floor.

"leave me alone!" richie screamed.

"that's fuckin' it," the man growled, picking richie up. "the basement you go—"

"NO!" richie screamed, punching wentworth in the face.

cruel punishment. far worse than abuse. richie would be locked in the basement, with a huge fear of being alone, the dark, and spiders. it was actual torture. but he hadn't gotten that punishment in a while.

"you—" wentworth grumbled, trying to hold onto richie, who squirmed like crazy. richie eventually did flip out of wentworth's grasp, his leg still being held by the man.

at this, wentworth pulled back, dragging richie up and slamming him down again. richie yelped and kicked wentworth, who let go of the boy. richie quickly stared to crawl away, only to be sent to the floor again after wentworth's foot pounded into richie's side.

richie lied on his side, holding his other one. and wentworth just began to kick the living shit out of richie, who screamed in pain.

"ma-ma-mag-gie! he-e-elp!" he yelped, reaching out a hand and dragging his body. wentworth grabbed richie's leg and started to drag him, causing richie to scream and beg and grab at the floor, hopeful to grab something to stop himself from moving.

soon enough, richie was being tossed down a flight of wooden stairs, and yelped and cried with every smack. once he hit the ground, he rolled a few times, curling in on himself.

"AND STAY DOWN THERE!" wentworth yelled, slamming the door.

richie shook his head violently, shakily sitting up. "NO! HELP! PLEASE!" he sobbed.

after a while of screaming and begging and freaking out, he sat in the center of the basement, curled in on himself and shaking violently. he couldn't think. the last thing he could remember was two weeks ago at the quarry with his friends.

once he slightly settled, he grabbed his phone out and texted eddie.

r. >>> eddie

r.: edhdhie u beff hrllp

eddie: go fuck yourself, richie.

r.: eddue pleadfe
r.: i nerss helop

eddie: ..
eddie: richard i don't understand what you're typing.

r.: HEKP
r.: wjy arent yor helpinng me

eddie: i-
eddie: ..
eddie: what.. happened..?