Chapter 9: Moving In

Peter sat in the front seat of the white Mercedes-Benz. Tony was driving. They had just come back from Peter's old apartment, and had a bunch of stuff in the car. They also got an earful from the landlord, but he shut up when Tony gave him money. Peter was touched, but he didn't want to use Tony's money. It was enough that Tony was letting him stay in his house. He was happy that Mr. Stark was back, but he didn't want Tony to spend too much money on him. He had a family.

"Did you see Mrs. Potts and Morgan yet?" Peter asked. Tony sighed. He knew he had to talk to them, but just not yet. Not when his other kid was hurting.

"No, but I'll see them soon," he replied.

"You should see them. I know they were sad without you," Peter responded.

"You're talking like you haven't seen them, kid," Tony said, perplexed. Peter looked silently down at his hands. "You have seen them?" Peter shook his head.

"I couldn't. It was hard even being at your funeral. I couldn't see them." Tony nodded his head. He understood. He hadn't seen his family either.

"Well, I guess we could see them together," Tony told him. Peter slightly smiled. He was glad that Tony was still alive. But there was still some trauma left over. Peter decided he would get over that later.

The rest of the ride was quite uneventful. Tony talked to Peter about telling his boss that he was quitting his job. They came up with some creative ways to do it. One was dropping in on the man in a grim reaper costume and scaring him to death. In the end, however, they decided on being sane. They were just going to silly string him in an alley, and tell him there before he could fire Peter.

Tony and Peter arrived at his house. They started to unload the car and bring Peter's stuff inside. Peter took the big suitcases and left Tony with the little ones. He started to go inside when Tony said,

"Hey! Let me carry some of the big things. I may be getting old, but I'm not that old." Peter internally chuckled and let Tony take some of his bigger suitcases. Tony went up to the doorbell and put his eye near it. Peter was amazed. It was an eye scanner! He wasn't sure when Tony found the time to make it, but it was cool.

It didn't take the pair long to unpack Peter's things. There were only 2 suitcases and a small duffel bag with Peter's old highschool on it. It was almost 6, so Tony decided that it was time to have dinner. Obviously, Tony couldn't cook. Instead, he ordered takeout in the form of Chinese food. Once the food arrived, Tony and Peter ate in silence...until Peter broke it.

"Thank you, Mr. Stark," he said.

"For what?" Tony asked.

"For everything." Tony smiled.

"I'll always help you, kid. No matter what..."