Adventure in Action: Character

This is my character for the Adventure in Action Competition, Kat McGuffin! She's sixteen years old, uses she/her and is ready to cause a riot! She is an incredibly deep character and I hope that you all take the time to read about her, including ...

This is my character for the Adventure in Action Competition, Kat McGuffin! She's sixteen years old, uses she/her and is ready to cause a riot! She is an incredibly deep character and I hope that you all take the time to read about her, including action as you'll be judging her!

The Kat I plan to write about in stories in the future has Scottish heritage, but after a certain incident involving a car and a multiverse traveller, she's been sent to a different reality and is due to be sent to a third very soon! However, her roots are always in Scotland and England, where her parents were born and where she was bought into the world as well. These stories will take place inside of Kat's dreams, and she may say that her heritage is different but in truth she does indeed come from Scotland!

As you can see in the photo, Kat has short strawberry blond hair, the colour that looks warm and inviting, like a gift on Valentine's day or a flower in a deserted land. Her eyes are green, like a newly grown blade of grass and her face is always adorned with a smile. Her favourite shirt is white and red, like a happy little candy cane, and her blue belt and ripped jeans add a layer of adventure and unique style flair to her outfit! Of course, her outfit wouldn't be complete without her moss coloured high tops, which don't necessarily fit for every terrain, but Kat makes them work. She always does.

Kat used to be an absolute star in school, but then something bad happened; someone died and she couldn't stop it. After that, her grades slipped and she also slipped further into a perpetual sadness. But she fights through it, because her fighting spirit is what makes her powerful. She's only ever had one job; she works as a knight in her new reality, a fantasy one which is like all of her favourite video games and books.

Sadness may be an emotion which clouds Kat's mind, but she never lets it rule her. Most days, Kat is clearly, in her own words, a ball of happiness so happy that it will make everyone around her want to dance and sing. Of course, they don't actually, but Kat still enjoys thinking they do in their spare time. Kat loves to sing, and she loves music. She listens to music all the time, and her earbuds and the magical vocals of The Weeknd, Olivia Rodrigo and Taylor Swift punctuate her day like full stops punctuate a sentence.

Kat has many friends, as she is selfless and friendly (and also naïve, which is one of her biggest flaws). Her friend MJ says that she's like the sister she never had, and that her joyous energy makes her feel happier than she ever would have by her lonesome. Her friend Leaper also says that she's like a sister to him, and that she's determined and spontaneous, but in the best way. They all love her, and there's no suprise as to why. Wow, I'm really going to struggle writing the anti-hero prompt...

Kat's interest is normally piqued by whatever new Nintendo game has just released, or the newest book in the Hunger Games series. She'll also always tune in to watch a new Netflix series or Disney+ series if it pops up. Her favourite TV series are Ms Marvel, Friends and Supernatural Academy, but she'll also scour the streaming world to find Adventure Time if it knocks on the door of her brain that day. That was before she was sent to he new reality, and she lost her access to wi-fi. She's working on it, but until then she'll draw and paint her world since she can't simulate one in a console or on her long dead phone.

Kat's Five Favourite Things:
• Friendship
• Adventure
• Fantasy Stories
• Meeting New People
• Creating Something Beautiful

Kat's Five Biggest Dislikes:
• Silence
• Prejudice and Hate
• Death
• Unfairness
• Cliffhangers

Kat's Five Ultimate Strengths:
• Her friends
• Her magic sword (yup she has a magic sword)
• Her resilience
• Her unrelenting forgiveness
• Her ability to work as a team

Kat's Five Greatest Weaknesses:
• Her naïveness
• Her sadness
• Her hate of those in the wrong
• There are situations she simply can't adapt to
• She can easily obsessed over things

Weaknesses can be scary. The future, to Kat, is terrifying. The fact that people aren't immortal and can die is mortifying. The fact that it might be all her fault is horrifying. But she does have more trivial fears; scorpions, demons, papercuts, losing her sketchbook and dropping a sandwich are among them!

And now, my friends, it's time to finally explain Kat's sword. It's magical, and has a starnge stone in it. She found it in the forest when she first arrived in her new reality. Nobody knows what the green stone on it does, but it does seem to have some sort of skill at tracking people who might be threats to Kat. It's as close as she is to having a superpower, and she's proud that the sword chose her to be its wielder.

And that is all there is to know about Kat! Enjoy the stories as they come out, and thank you action for creating this competition for us all to join in on! Bye!!