Chapter Six

It's been three days since Rusty asked me to be his girlfriend, and I couldn't be happier.

But every time I see Stella, she always glares at me and bumps me onto the ground. I don't blame her. But she deserved it.

Rusty, Mira, and I are hanging out at the beach close by Mira's house.

"Look who's here." I looked up and saw Stella kissing Aaron Mendler. He goes to South Beach Prep. It's a private school, that only snobby rich kids can afford.

"Why couldn't they just stay on their side of town? I get sick of seeing her face here." I said, rolling my eyes.

"I know, right? She's so annoying." Mira said, as Rusty nodded his head.

"I just hope she doesn't try to talk to us." I said, as I put my head on Rusty's shoulder.

"Same here." Rusty said, as he grabbed my hand. He kissed me on my forehead. "I'm going to go get a snow cone. Do you want one?"

That made me grin. "Ooh! Yes! Please and thank you!"

"Ok. Mira, do you want one too?" He turned to her.

"Here, I'll give you some money for it. But I want a pomegranate one, please." She grabbed $5 out of her wallet.

But he handed it straight back to her. "M, I don't want your money. I've got enough for all three of us."

"Ok. Thanks." She said, grabbing her book back up. She took out her bookmark and began to read.

"What book are you reading, M?" I asked.

"Well, I'm reading Backlash by Sarah Darer Littman. But I brought two other books. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson and In Case You Missed It by Sarah Darer Littman."

"Ooh! Those are good ones! I brought four of mine. That Summer by Sarah Dessen, Summer Boys by Hailey Abbott, Save The Date by Morgan Matson, and Maybe One Day by Melissa Kantor.

"Those are good ones too! I mean I only brought three because I can go home if I want to get more." She looked up and grinned. "Here's your wonderful boyfriend with our snow cones."

"Hey, T. I didn't know which one you'd want, so I just guessed." He handed me a pink snow cone.

"What flavor is this?" I took a bite out of it and my taste buds leapt for joy. Oh, wow! It's amazing!

"Um, I think it's bubble gum?" He stuck his hands into his pockets. "Do you like it?"

"Like it? No, I absolutely freaking love it!" I jumped up and tackled him to the ground. When we got up off the ground, he kissed me. And to me, that would never get old.

I love him. And nothing would ever charge way I feel. No, not a thing. Not even the glares Stella would shoot my way. It doesn't change a thing.

Stella just had to get used to it. Because I'm never letting go of Rusty. She can get as mad as she wants to, but I won't care.