Chapter 4

𓆝 𓆜 ––––———–––––———–┊⁀➷

Hot Milk and Honey

"Darling! Oh, look at you! You look beautiful," Farah crooned as soon as she saw her

Mareena smiled slightly at the woman before hugging her. She felt a huge squeeze that knocked the air out of her. For such a thin woman, Farah was quite strong, she had proven that to her with every bone-crushing hug.

At first, when she first met the woman, she had to admit she was quite intimidated by her, a flamboyant Capitol woman with an obsession with the colour red was always something to be taken aback by. As it turned out, though, the redhead could be pleasant company. She and her aunt always got on amazingly, with that flamboyance scaring off half the people who came near them, it was as if they were made for each other.

Her stylist stopped smothering her in her embrace and planted two kisses on her cheeks.

"Okay, okay, out of the way Cherry, it's my turn," when Farah stepped back a little to look out the door, Ikaris entered with his trademark peacock elegance. "Pome, darling," unlike Farah, Ikaris had a much looser grip.

Pome. That's what the man called her for affection.

Ikaris had a tendency to nickname the more "relevant" people in his life with fruits, something to distinguish them from everyone else. Farah was Cherry, because of her obsession with the colour red and the fact that every time she painted her hair it only varied in shades of red. Max was Coco, according to Ikaris; because coconuts gave him an air of antiquity, like something precious, and Max was both of those things. Finnick was Blueberry; Blue, because most of the battles Finnick had won in his Games, and the ones the public remembered most, had been underwater. Max told them that when Ikaris had first seen Finnick fight in the water, he had sighed and said "Little Blue," as if he had known Finnick was going to come out of there alive to hear that pathetic nickname that to this day he still hated.
For her part, her nickname sent shivers down her spine every time. The first time Ikaris visited her in the hospital, when it was time to say goodbye to the visitors, he came over and kissed her forehead gently, and stood there for a few seconds as he whispered, very slowly so that only she could hear: