Act 4, Scene 15

Alaska was reading a magazine, with some of the styles of New York. She wanted to learn more about her home and pop culture so she could fit in better. She soon stopped at one page, the model had the same vitiligo skin, but the patches were different. But that wasn't the only thing that intrigued the teenager. The model's hair was in beautiful braids, cascading down their back and over their shoulders like silk. 

Connie soon came into Alaska's room for their mom daughter time and looked at the page Alaska was on. "You wanna see if we can find an outfit like that?" 

Alaska looked at her mom and shook her head. "Is it possible to braid my hair like this?" Connie then thought about it and smiled at her daughter, before giving a nod. Alaska smiled widely at this and hugged her mother tight. 

The next day Alaska skated to school like she normally did and met up with Rose, the two walked to class together and when they got there Alaska joined her friends. "Hey guys." The three looked up from the computers they were using and stared at Alaska's new hair. 

"Oh, Snowflake, looking good!" Trixie gave Alaska a fist bump and Spud tried to touch the braids

"Oh, Snowflake, looking good!" Trixie gave Alaska a fist bump and Spud tried to touch the braids. "Spud, you can't just touch a girl's hair! Put your hand down." 

Alaska sat down with Rose and Jake was still staring at her. The way her braids moved as she tilted her head or turned was beautiful. With some cockiness he somewhat lost, he walked up to the two girls. 

"Hey, Alaska, haven't talked to you since the hip hop awards." Alaska chuckled a bit and smiled at the boy. "Yeah, I was busy afterwards. My aunts needed some help with something." Alaska rubbed the back of her neck as she remembered fighting alongside her aunt the past few days. 

There have been one or two corrupted gems they missed after the whole 'Diamonds have Changed' deal. She hasn't been able to see Dragon for a while too, she missed seeing her friend. "But it's good to see you too, Jake." 

A teacher came in a second later and called for Alaska and Rose. "Cleopatra, Cleopatra's understudy, rehearsals in five." 

Alaska gathered her stuff and so did Rose. "Uh, did Ms. Jenkins just call you two Cleopatra and Cleopatra's understudy?" Rose answered Jake as Alaska picked up her backpack. "Yeah, the drama club is doing Antony and Cleopatra for the Shakespeare in the park celebration next week." 

Ms. Jenkins came over and motioned to the two girls. "And Ms. Rose is the queen of my Nile, with Ms. Alaska as her understudy." Alaska blushed nervously and held up the script. 

"Acting isn't my strong suit, but I auditioned and got understudy instead." Ms. Jenkins then led the two girls to the auditorium. "Come on you two, the curtain calls." 

Alaska called back to Jake as she was being pushed out of the classroom. "So, I'll see you later, Jake." "'Later', absurd! You two must spend the next week eating, drinking, and scene studying Antony and Cleopatra." Alaska was disappointed but knew she had a job to do. "Sorry, Jake."