23. Home Sweet Home pt. 1

"Yes. And a bottle of your best Champagne. Just a bottle, yes. I'll just drink right from the bottle." Gun ushered away the confused waiter and turned to me excitedly. "Tonight calls for CELEBRATION!"

I looked up from my phone. "Sounds like you're having more fun than me. A whole bottle?" "I deserve to get real drunk tonight. "You deserve?!" He waved his hand at me dismissively. "Eh. WhAts the difference."

As we got into our appetizers, Gun unfortunately began in his terrible small talking. "So, how's school. Friends." "All my friends think I got kidnapped by you, asshole." I said as I texted back to Zack's threats to track me down. "You say one more swear word, Y/N," gun pointed his steak knife at my face. "And you'll never see the light of day again." I paused for a moment before shrugging and going back on my phone. I could hear Gun groan in defeat.

_______________________________

"So DG just showed up at the concert, can you believe it,the nerve-" I waved my fork in the air, right out of my steak. "And came back stage to act all high and mighty in front of my friends. Right after you left! Don't I ever get a break?!" Gun snickered. "What, we just all wanted to see your big performance." "Liar. You didn't even stay to see it." "What can I say. I'm a busy man."

"Oh, and speaking of that day." I took a sip of my cocktail. "There was this weird guy, did you see him? Swirly, cotton candy looking... Elliott? EliJah... he was crazy. He acted like he knew me, and went back on his word. All while shaving a girl bald." Gun stiffened.

"Has anyone ever told you to not get aquatinted with those you don't need to know, Y/N?" "Huh?" "That guy sounds insane. All I'm saying is you should pick and choose who you talk to."

I looked up at him with suspicion. "Since when have you been so concerned about what people I surround myself with?" "Since said people is that bastard Eli, I will not let these things happen again, you hear?" My eyes widened. "You know his name? Why? Is he also some secret mob boss? And... and what again, Gun? Answer me, hey—" Gun looked at me, at a loss for words. After pausing for what seemed like forever, responded: "he just gives horrific haircuts, Y/N. And I do not want to see the day you two get close enough for him to offer YOU one." I raised an eyebrow at him. "Seems awfully convenient, you saying all this." Gun took a swig of his champagne; "Whatever you want to believe."

Gun looked down at his phone and sighed. "The Chairman." "Huh?" He turned his head towards me. "He can't come see you in the break— you know how he is. Who knows what he's up to now." My eyes widened. Dad wouldn't come see me? And I thought he was the one who dragged me out of school. Well, I supposed that was a good thing. Who knows how much Gun told him about what I've been doing lately. Or what Goo told him about. That incident. "Yes, I know. My own father. Sending you guys to come entertain me while he forgets about my existence." "Hey, I don't like it either, kid." Gun snarled. "I have a reputation to uphold. I'm not a legend for babysitting you and Crystal." I snorted. "Legend? You Narcissist. If you're a legend, then what the hell is— Is—" I paused. I know people. I swear. I rummaged through my brain, but I couldn't find anything insulting. The legend. The legend of— of—

Gun Watched me With a look of curiosity. "Well?" He said. I was really confused now. "The legend." Suddenly, everything clicked into place, and my mind began working on its own, like it did during the test, during the festival.

"The great Eli Jang. Hair cutting enthusiast. You can't compare to that." I laughed, proud I finally remembered that brat's name. "Am I right?" Gun's face turned from Curiosity to what almost seemed like worry. "Why the long face, Gun?" He watched me, contemplating. "Now you suddenly know who Eli is?" "Huh?" "He's just some kid from your school. Keep asking questions about him, and I'll leave you on the street." I scowled. "What are you talking about? Its a joke, Dickwad, I didn't know you you'd get so offended." Gun tilted his head down, just enough for a peak of his pitch black eyes. "Really?" " My mind blanked again. "Just eat your damn food, Y/N." Gun sighed.