"Thanks! Have a nice day you two! See you tomorrow!"

Orion didn't catch anything they said. His mind was frozen. Everything was blurry. His whole body felt numb. And empty.

It...wasn't him.

Megatronus was dating someone else. And it wasn't him. It was Aeroe. It wasn't him—

Orion inhaled shakily. He felt a part of his spark just shattered, and died.

And it hurt, so, so badly.

He switched the channel off and forced himself to focus on other monitors, wishing all these mundane work could help him escape his broken thoughts. And the worst of all, was that he was going to meet up Megatronus tomorrow.

Primus save him.

-

Orion was at the front door of Koan.

He had already reasoned with himself about the whole situation.

It was kind of foolish to think that Megatronus would ever reciprocate his feeling. Megatronus was strong, ambitious, glorious and wise. And I'm just a small, boring data clerk, he thought as he laughed dryly. Who in their right mind would want to date me?

Megatronus and Aeroe would indeed make a wonderful couple, for she was strong and combative as well. She was also in the same situation and caste as Megatronus. It would make more sense for them to get together.

And she's pretty enough, too.

Orion sighed, but gathered himself to enter the messy facility. He mindlessly searched for the figure he didn't know if he wanted to see.

"Orion!"

The librarian turned around, seeing the mech of his dream was already at the alley of the front door waiting for him. Waves of complicated emotions surged up and almost suffocated him.

Primus, why does it hurt so much when I see him, and yet I'm so happy?

"Orion? Are you feeling well?"
Orion blinked. He refocused on the gladiator now standing in front of him.

"Hello Megatronus." He tried his best to give him a smile. "How was the match?"

"Rougher than I expected." Megatronus replied, then smirked. "But nothing I can't deal with."

By the Allspark, Orion LOVED his confident smirks.

Orion soon noticed the new fixed wounds and scars. He looked up at him worriedly. "Are you really alright? You can rest if you want to, and we can meet up another time. It's totally fine for me."

Megatronus' optics glittered for a second. He then smirked again. "Are you worrying about me, little one?"

Orion frowned, he reached out and hold Megatronus' arm delicately and examined the wounds. "Yes of course! You're wounded, and it must be exhausting to work and participate in games on the same day." He said worriedly, "Please rest if you need it. Don't force yourself."

Megatronus didn't speak for a few seconds, just looking at him with unknown emotions. Orion was confused for his silence, then he quickly covered his mouth.

Who did he think he was? They weren't even conjunx yet, he did not have any right to say that. He talked too much.

"Oh god I'm sorry—I shouldn't—"

"No no! Don't apologize." The gladiator cut him off gently and smiled, "I am truly, very happy to hear it from you. Thank you Orion, for your concern. But I assure you that I am well, and I am more than glad to spend my time with you."