Chapter 48

"You're going to do amazing" Micheal hugged me tightly "it's not that big of a deal, you're just going to fight the UFC women's champion" he nodded.
"Get off of me" I swatted him away. I put a large hoodie over my sports bra and shorts.
"Y/n we need you now" staff came into my room and left just as quick.
"At least the fight is tomorrow, this is just the weigh in" Micheal smiled "plus you have kept weight so you're good"
"Yeah yeah" I grabbed my glasses and quickly put them on as we left the room.

We walked over to the hall where the weigh in was being held and the small crowd cheered as I met my opponent on the stage. The older woman looked smug  with her title resting on her shoulder. I smiled at the crowd and didn't bother acknowledging her presence which seemed to bother her more than glaring back at her.

I sat down in my assigned seat with Michael as my coach next to me.
"Ok now we can get started" the mediator spoke. The conference started and the reporters asked us questions.
"My question is for Y/n" a man stood up.
"Hi" I smiled.
"Hello" he smiled "my question is, how prepared do you really feel going into this match, having it be your first ever match in UFC and against someone so talented?"
"Honestly, I'm absolutely terrified but once I'm in the octagon tomorrow night I'll have no choice but to run her over" I answered.
"Run me over?!" Kennedy yelled.
"You heard me" I said calmly.
"You're real cocky for a little girl!"
"Did you not hear what I just said lady?" I asked "or should I talk slower for you?" I teased.
"Shut the fuck up!" She threw a water bottle at me and had to be restrained by her coach. I laughed at her which only made it worse.
"You should really sit down" I smiled.

"You should shut your little mouth!" She yelled "I'm not the one with the dying mum!" She snapped. The room instantly went silent and I stared at her shocked.
"Who tf are you talking to?" I said.
"Hold on" Micheal put his hand on my arm.
"Are you having a laugh?" I picked up the water bottle she threw and launched it back at her. It hit her in the face and popped all over her "Fuck you, you fucking cunt!" I yelled over her screaming. Security instantly got between us and we were encouraged to quickly get past the questions.

I was told to get on the scale first so I pulled off my hoodie and stepped on. It was confirmed that I kept weight and I was able to sit back down. Kennedy stepped on and she had stayed the same weight as usual. We were then directed to stand face to face for the picture. Security was hesitant to let us get closer but I acted maturely and stood with her. She put her face close to my face while I smiled in hers. The picture was taken and I walked back to my seat and grabbed my stuff.
"Have a nice night everyone, see you tomorrow night" I put the mic down and walked off the stage.

Micheal followed me back to my dressing room.
"She has no shame" I threw my things into my duffel bag "at her big age she's going to insult with the fact that my mother is dying" I huffed "I'm going to beat her fucking ass tomorrow"
"Um-"
"Sorry for swearing" I finally looked at Michael.
"No problem" he took my bag from me and pulled out his keys "let's get you home before you guys fight here instead" he put his arm around me as we left.

~time skip~

"And then the dumb woman is like 'I'm not the one with the dying mum' like we're toddlers!" I ranted to my mum on FaceTime "we'll see what happens tomorrow night"
"You're going to do amazing tomorrow sweetheart" mum smiled "I'm so proud of you"
"Thank you" I smiled "but I can't believe the audacity of that woman, she has clearly lost her damn mind"
"Then it's up to you to set her straight baby" mum said.
"Exactly!" I laughed.

"Alright I'd love to talk to my miss's now" Micheal took his phone back.
"Fine" I sighed "I have to go do my hair now anyways" I stood up "I'll speak to you later mama!"
"Bye baby!" She chuckled.
"Byee" I left the room.