Chapter 16

It had been months since I was going to school. Not only did my recovery run smoothly, I finally got my driver's license. Today was my first day back at school. Oddly I was surprisingly nervous.

I twisted and turned in my bed, unable to sleep. I reached out for my phone and checked the time. I was blinded but finally read it as 2:35am. I sighed and rolled out of bed. I left my room and started roaming the house aimlessly. Passing by the study and I noticed the light was on. I cracked the door open and saw my dad at the desk working.
"Are you Ok?" He looked directly at me "why aren't you asleep?"
"I can't sleep" I replied, walking into the room.
"Are you nervous about going to school tomorrow?" Dad smiled.
"Yes" I walked over to him.
"Do you want to sit with me until you're tired enough to sleep?" Dad asked and I nodded "alright then" he sat me on his lap and held me like he would to Eri. I was strangely comfortable with it and watched him work for a bit. He answered emails and made powerpoints for classes. An alert popped up for a new mission he had to complete.

"Y/n are you awake?" Dad whispered.
"Mhmm" I replied.
"Are you sure you dont want to be a hero?" He asked.
"Yes I'm sure" I said.
"Do you want to look at one of my missions?"
"Sure" I said and he opened the email. He showed me the various pictures and criminals along with the mission itself "so you're going to track down and capture three men that are threatening the city with a bomb attack which are the same men who shot up that old folks home last week?" I looked up at him.
"Mhmm" he smiled "you know if you ever decided that you wanted to become a hero, we could go on missions together"
"That doesn't sound too bad" I said.

"By the way, I need to get my license thingy, Nezu told me that it is a requirement to graduate next year" I said.
"I can set up your trial for next month" he looked down at me "is a month of training ok?" He asked.
"Yeah that's fine" I cuddled into his chest.
"Are you going to fall asleep here?" dad asked.
"Mhmm" I closed my eyes.
"Alright" dad chuckled and rubbed my back until I finally drifted off to sleep.

Aizawa's POV

Y/n fell asleep as I held her. I smiled at the fact that I got to have this moment with her. Even though she was a fiercely independent girl, she still felt safe enough with me to allow me to baby her. I am so happy that I found her when I did, having her here with me means everything to me. I'm so proud of her for making it this far and now I promise to give her the life she deserves.

~time skip~

I didn't want to move and wake up Y/n so I felt in the chair after finishing my work. I woke up early because I had a meeting and had to leave earlier. I noticed Y/n was clinging onto me as she slept. I stood up and still held her. I left the study and walked to her room. I noticed the painting she was talking about being her finally project for the term. It was covered so I refrained from peeking at it. I had agreed to bring it to school for her so she could finish it there. I knew I had to show her a gift I got her before leaving but we wouldn't be able to eat breakfast together.

"Sweetie" I tapped her. She whined and held onto me tighter in her sleep. "Sweetie I need to show you something" I said.
"What is it?" She groaned.
"Ok let me show you" I picked up a blanket and wrapped her in it. She got comfortable as I walked down the stairs. I headed outside and opened the garage "ok look" I said. She opened her eyes and stared at it.

 She opened her eyes and stared at it