Chapter 2

I walked out of the building, scanning the parking lot as students scurried towards towards the buses and their parents.
"I'm here" dad appeared next to me. He took my bag from me "so how was your first day?" He smiled.
"It was actually really fun" I smiled.
"I'm happy you had fun" he held my hand to cross the road.
"Dad I'm 16, I don't need your help to cross the road" I said.
"I'm just being cautious" he smiled. We walked over to the car he opened the door for me. I got in and dad got in after putting our bags down.

I spotted the boy from earlier staring at me from across the parking lot.
"Do you see him too?" Dad asked as he noticed too.
"Yeah" I put on my seatbelt "he was staring at me at lunch and break and tried to ask if I had a boyfriend in the gap between home room and first period, he didn't even tell me what his name is" I said.
"I've never seen him in my life" dad pulled out of the parking lot "if anything else happens with him, tell me"
"Alright" I looked down at my phone.

I noticed all of the missed calls my mum had left. I listened to one of the voicemails.
"Y/n how dare you disobey me and go live with your father! You're useless! He's going to send you right back to me when he gets to know how worthless you are! Do you not love me anymore?! How-"
"Please turn that off" dad sighed. I turned off the voicemail "I'm really sorry that I didn't look for you sooner"
"When exactly did you start?" I asked.
"When you were 3, I uh flew out to see you when realised you were out there and when I did show up to your house, your mother yelled at me until I left, I've been trying to find you on social media ever since" he explained.
"That explains why I wasn't allowed to have any social media accounts ever" I nodded.
"But I found you on Instagram"
"Yeah because I went to a boarding school, it's not like she's going to walk into my room and see me on it, I blocked her on there anyway" I shrugged

"I understand" he nodded.
"I'm sorry for yelling at you this morning" I said "I didn't not know you were looking for that long"
"It is fine, I understand your frustration" he said "so tell me about your day, did you make friends? Were people nice to you?"
"It was actually really fun, I met this girl in class 2b, her name is Kendo, she has the same subjects as me and we sit next to each other for them, she said that she'll come over to my dorm to help me unpack"
"I thought I was going to help you unpack" he said.
"You will, I have a lot of things to unpack" I laughed.
"Do you have any idea of things you want in your room?"
"Yep, loads of plants"
"Plants?" He looked at me.
"Yes plants, I like oxygen, plus I like my room being fresh"
"Why exactly?"
"I get panic attacks in the middle of the night and it calms me down" I shrugged.

"Do you want to continue living with me?" Dad rushed "its really ok, I would prefer to be there to take care of you if that were to actually happen" he said.
"Really?" I lost him confused.
"Really what?" He shared my confusion gaze.
"You want to help with my panic attacks?" I asked.
"Y/n wtf are you trying to say?" Dad asked "didn't your mother help with them?"
"Do you really want me to answer that question?" I said blankly.
"Oh wow, you know I'm never letting you go back to her right?"
"I don't want to go back honestly" I shrugged "do you have the legal documents for me to stay here?"
"Yep, I've been planning with ages, there's no way your mother can get you back" he said.
"Alright" I nodded.

We pulled into our driveway. We got out and walked into the house.
"So rest a bit, freshen up then we'll go see the dorms, if you want to stay there you can or you can just stay with me until you graduate... university" he smiled widely.
"You must really like having me here" I took off my shoes.
"Of course I do" he said "now give me a list of things you're allergic to"
"Just bananas" I said.
"I'm putting that on the fridge" he walked away.

I walked up to my room. He had decorated it prior to my arrival. It was bigger then his room and had everything I needed. It already came with clothes and other necessities that I would need. Dad seemed overjoyed to have me here and I quickly learned to love it with him. I laid out an outfit and took a shower.