Chapter 32

Everyone had just finished eating and cleaned up after themselves fairly fast. One of my uncles was controlling the music and people were giving requests. I watched Sero dance to every song with my family members and they became more fond of him quickly. My aunts laughed and danced with the energetic boy. He put in a request then quickly rushed over to me.
"You can dance salsa right?" He asked.
"Yes she can" Micheal answered quickly. The song Yo Viviré by Celia Cruz started playing and Sero pulled me up from my feet.
"If you don't know then follow my lead" he smiled.
"I know how to" I sighed and pulled off my shoes "I just can't dance in those shoes.

He pulled me onto the space designated as the dance floor. My family members were dancing together and quickly invited us to dance too. We quickly started dancing and my family cheered. Sero looked at me shocked that I knew how to dance properly. I laughed as I got more and more comfortable. He quickly picked it back up and span me around. My parents looked just as shocked as everyone else but continued cheering. Sero dipped me as we finished and we pulled apart laughing.
"You're so good what the hell!" He hugged me.
"Thank you" I smiled and we got off of the dance floor.

"That was amazing" dad said "who taught you how to dance like that?"
"Zae's older sister" I smiled.
"Bro I'm getting the next dance" Zae walked over.
"Of course of course" I laughed.
"Good now I just wanted to let you know that the boys are getting pissy again" she gestured across the backyard. Bakugo and Nathan looked like they were having a tense argument with our friends watching attentively "Bakugo is upset since he thinks Nathan likes you" she explained "Nathan got defensive and now they're like that"

"Yo!" Micheal yelled and the boys looked over. The 4 men stared them both down until they separated and returned to who they were talking to prior.
"Thank you very much" I sighed. A song started playing and my brain cleared.
"My song!" Zae said as Something going on by Kaysha started playing.
"You guys want to dance Kompa?" Dad said "in front of your entire family" he looked at me.
"Yeah no" Zae laughed "there's no way that's happening"
"True" I chuckled.

"Baby can I ask you something?" Mum walked over to me.
"Yeah" I looked at her.
"Can you show your grandmothers your guitar?" She asked.
"Yeah sure" I said. I ran into the house and quickly got my guitar from earlier. I returned outside and showed my grandmothers.
"Will you play it for us?" Grams smiled and I quickly realised I was played.
"Fine" I sighed.
"Thank youu" mum smiles and walked over to my uncle with the speakers. He quickly hooked my guitar up and my family sat down to listen.

I panicked and started the notes for Me and your Mama by Childish Gambino. My family clapped and encouraged me to continue. I got into the song and everyone enjoyed my playing. I put more effort into the riffs and finished the song. Everyone cheered for me and my dad offered to put the guitar away.

The music continued and everyone carried on dancing and talking. I went back over to my friends and they were making effort to mix. The girls were the ones maintaining conversations and my new friend group and most of my Ua friends appreciated it and the effort was reciprocated. Nathan and Bakugo were still clearly frustrated.
"Both of you fix your faces or you can go home" I said coldly. They both looked at me and relaxed "thank you very much" I sat down between Gwen thighs on the grass "anyways, I feel bamboozled, my mother tricked me into playing" I sighed.
"Yeah but you did amazing" they smiled.
"Stop" I said dramatically and they laughed.

"So all of you guys are staying the night?" I asked and they nodded "good, we're camping out in the living room then"
"Thank you for letting us stay" Todoroki said. I stared blankly at him.
"You would've stayed regardless" I said.
"I know" he laughed "but still, we appreciate it"
"Mhmm" I hummed.
"Your dad lets you have boys over?" Ciara asked and I nodded "lucky ass, when I lived at home I would never be able to"
"It's because my dad knows I wouldn't do anything weird in my own room" I said "that shit is-"
"I'm going to need her again" Micheal walker over and threw me over his shoulder.
"We just got her!" Shinso sighed as the group laughed.
"She'll be back in a few minutes" he took me inside.