0-0: Awakening

Fall. Falling. 

Ruby watched as darkness engulfed her, weightless, emotionless, her body numb. Whether it was from the weight of her failure this time around, or the overwhelming damage to her body that built upon itself from the events of the past few weeks. 

She had no thoughts, or her thoughts would prove a risk of collapsing what was left of her emotional ego. 

Why?

Why was it that everything had fallen out of place?

She witnessed her friend die once more, an entire kingdom fall to ruins partially from her gamble. She lied and fractured the mind of the very man who could have saved them all had they just been more trusting of him. And now, she doesn't even know if her comrades are even alive.

Her uncle Qrow, sister Yang, and teammates Weiss and Blake. 

She didn't understand how her plan had ended up in failure, even after all that she had gone through, after all that planning...

Suddenly, she found herself somewhere. 

Her eyes stared down at the dry dirt of the ground, the chill winds tugging her red cloak, as if telling her to wake from the nightmare.

And so she did. 

Wordlessly, she brought her frame up from the dirt, body still exhausted from what had previously happened. Yet in an instant, she gasped as an impossible sight befell her vision.

A giant city on tracks rested in the distance, its huge metallic frame seemingly stretching for miles in the girl's estimate, with a trail of the massive city's tracks stretching well beyond the horizon.

Realizing that the city was the only way of survival in such a barren land devoid of life, She began her long trek forward, hoping nothing bad would happen.

It took an hour for the girl to reach the entrance, the massive landship appearing even larger than how it was from afar. Gathered around the entrance was a large group of people, who also wanted to enter. Yet what else caught her attention was the large sign on the top of the entrance, painted in white paint, with a curious logo on each side of the word.

ЧЕРНОБОГ

Ruby guessed the word was the name of the city, though it was indecipherable to her, as no written language from Remnant used these letters.

As Ruby blended into the crowd, her eyes drifted amongst the people. They were all faunus. Mostly exhibiting bear ears and tails, some more closely resembled an actual bear than a human. Yet what was similar amongst the crowd was how dishevelled they all were, wearing rags and tattered clothes, to the point where Ruby feared that she stood out amongst the crowd.

The line towards the entrance was long, and the girl's only form of 'entertainment' or something to do was listening in on the endless droning noise the crowd made. Yet in her moment of bored, she noticed something else strange within the crowd. Every once in a while, she'd spot a few individuals with even thicker clothes covering themselves. Some wrapped their arms, while others their entire face. Each time she got close to these individuals, she could feel her aura beginning to react like something was slowly breaking her aura, but not fast enough for it to regenerate before the next second of damage.

Having waited for about another hour, the exhausted huntress finally found herself in the front of the line, deep inside the megastructure was a sort of gate. 

Surrounding the gates were a squad of heavily armed men, a black baton on their side, with some having their batons dyed red.