0-2: Rhodes Island

The sound of metal being struck echoed throughout a large empty room. Wooden swords and other weapons aligned a part of the walls, while gym equipment of various sizes and shapes rested on the other.

In the corner of this room was an open space devoid of anything besides two figures, both armed, both in the midst of a spar. On one side was gold-haired Yang, sporting a silver mechanical arm different to the one she first had. Alongside it was the symbol of Rhodes Island etched onto her shoulder. On the other side was an equally heavily armed man wielding a war hammer and a shield, though protruding from the back of his pants as a serpentine tail.

 On the other side was an equally heavily armed man wielding a war hammer and a shield, though protruding from the back of his pants as a serpentine tail

"How's the new arm design Vulkan and the tech department made you?" The man smiled as he blocked another one of Yang's punches from her prosthetic arm.

"It's finally just the way I remembered it to be... without the whole 'gun' parts." Yang returned the smile as she took a step backwards to scrutinize her new arm. Compared to her original prosthetic, it was rather simplistic in design, with only the 'gauntlet' parts of her original Ember Cilica remaining.

"Well, from your documents, it's still crazy to think guns in your world are so prevalent. If any Sakta heard about your world, they'd break down and shoot you on the spot." The man laughed at the thought.

"I also heard from Miss Dobermann, bullets seem to be damn expensive in this world..." Yang joked. It had been weeks since she had fallen into the world of Terra, and in that time she had learnt the rarity of guns, and the differences between both her world and this new one.

"Unless you'd apply for Black Steel, there's no way you're getting any more bullets here," Ace added as he slung his hammer on his shoulder, "Speaking of which, there's going to be some Black Steel mercs arriving in a few days. Maybe you can try your luck getting some ammo."

"I'll think about it, but moving past that, why exactly did you call me here? I just had my daily training earlier, and I don't think it was to test my arm." Yang returned her attention to the older man, resting her hands on her hips.

"It's about the next mission. I believe you've heard some parts of it already." 

"Chernobog. And some kind of extraction? Besides that, all I can remember is the planned partnership with Lungman." Yang gave the briefest run down of everything she had heard, with Ace nodding at her summary.

"It is indeed an extraction, but it's gonna be all hands on deck, and while you've shown combat experience reaching close to the senior members of Rhodes Island, you're technically still a few months in the job, with no other backing experience besides whatever you said that Amiya had vouched on."

"If it means finding my ticket outta here and returning to my world, then so be it." Yang simply answered back, readying her position for another spar, only for the two to be interrupted by a blare from the intercoms above.

"All operators, report to the main deck in an hour." 

~~~A Few Months Ago~~~