☆A Puzzle for the Devil☆

"Like a flower with a deep soul," Mei said. I yawned. "Dark into the abyss," she continued. "This is getting boring," Rui whispered. "I know." I agreed.

To tip yall, we are doing a project for Health. It's about things that can help us mentally, physically, or emotionally. In summary: useful information.

I was assigned to write a poem. Boring, am I right?

Selena was assigned to a report on a helpful way to live healthily. She's like a master in biology and the human body so she can rock this project.

Rui was assigned to the research of someone that we should look out for. He didn't like it at first because he seemed traumatized when he heard the name.

"Good work, Mei! I'm blessed with such an amazing daughter!" Mrs. Tanaka cooed. "Stop Mother!" Mei chuckled.

"Alright. Next up: Rui Ayaki!" Mrs. Tanaka announced. I laughed as Rui growled. He stood up with his paper and walked up to the front.

"Okay, my project isn't like a poem," Rui mentioned. "I had my older twin brother help me with this," Rui added. "You do know that getting help from somebody does drop your grade for this assignment, right?" Mrs. Tanaka asked. Rui rolled his eyes. "Yes, I do know. But since Health isn't my best strength I need the extra help. Besides, I'm fine with an A-," Rui muttered at the end.

"Alright, Mr. Ayaki," Mrs. Tanaka snarled. "Amaze me," Mrs. Tanaka finished.

"So, to start has anyone heard about the mysterious murder? That is still on the loose?" Rui asked. We all shrugged or nodded. "Well, I researched about him and..." he mumbled.

"His last attack was... 11 years ago.. when we were 6 or 5," Rui sighed. I perked up my ears. 'I thought people didn't know about this... not even the police or government.' I thought, widening my eyes.

"And he attacked a house of a family," Rui continued, his voice shaking. "You seem scared, Mr. Ayaki. Are you alright?" Mrs. Tanaka asked. Rui nodded.

'He looks so terrified. This is some side I've never seen from him before,' I thought.
"But first we are going to know his name. His name is Fukuda, Densuke.." Rui said, his hands trembling.

"Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost," some kid asked. "Shut up," Rui growled. "The famous smart Rui Ayaki is scared!" A kid laughed.

"Such a panty! He's reading a report!"
"He's so weak!"
"Loser!"

"Shut your mouths, a**holes!" I shouted. "Don't insult Ayaki-san like that," Nakime said. "Yeah! Shut those mouths if you all want to live!" Selena shouted, in a threatening tone.

"No, I'm fine. I- I-" Rui stuttered. "If you are uncomfortable, you can give me your report, and I'll read it myself," Mrs. Tanaka said, with a small smirk.

"O-okay," Rui stammered, passing his report to Mrs. Tanaka. "Thank you," Mrs. Tanaka said. Rui looked down.

》》》☆

"You good?" I asked. Rui's hands were still shaking. "Y-yeah... I'm- I'm okay," he stammered. Selena hugged Rui. "You don't look okay. That kid was right. You look like you've seen a ghost," Selena sighed.

"I'm... good. Yeah. I'm okay," Rui stammered, combing his bangs.

LUNCH
"Wow, Rui. You look like you've seen a ghost," Hakuji said. "That's what some kid in our health class said," Selena said. "Are you okay?" Koyuki asked. "Y-yeah," Rui stuttered. "Want a kiss?" Selena asked.

"Yes. I would love that," Rui said. Selena gave Rui a light peck on the lips. "I can't believe I saw that," I mumbled. "Well, you've seen them kiss each other before," Mui said. "True," I sighed.

"Thanks, Umi-chan," Rui chuckled softly. "You're welcome," Selena chuckled.

"Aw," I cooed. "So pure," Koyuki sighed.

"Totally," Rui sighed.
'Something doesn't make any sense,' I thought. 'If the government and police don't even know of the attack then how does Rui know? And he seemed traumatized by this Fukuda guy... something doesn't fit in this puzzle. Mei said Rui has a secret... Rui doesn't want anyone to know what's under his bangs... he made it seem personal...'

'F*** overthinking! I need to know for sure.'

"Rui," I called. He looked up. "Yes?" He asked. "Why were you so shaky? You looked terrified. It's like you know this person," I said. Rui trembled again. "I-I-don't," he stammered. "Then how do you know this attack? Densuke Fukuda's last attack was 14 years ago, from what I've heard from the Police and government. That attack was on the news. This one though... I've never heard of it before," I continued.

"It's- It's-" Rui stammered.
'I know I'm cracking his shell, but this is the only way I can know for sure,' I thought. "Y/n what are you talking about?" Koyuki asked. "Rui said that his last attack was 11 years ago. But from what I've heard Fukuda's last attack was 14 years ago. The 14-year-ago- attack was about setting a house on FIRE. And if I'm correct you said this attack was about a family?" I asked.

"I don't want to talk about it, Y/n," Rui stuttered. I raised a brow. "Rui..." Selena stammered. "I'm just trying to get to the end of the puzzle, Rui," I bluntly said. Rui looked down. "I-I-" he stuttered, his voice getting shaky again.

"Y/n, it's best to put a pin in this right now," Koyuki sighed. Selena hugged Rui. "It's okay, Ru. You'll be fine." She cooed, kissing Rui's forehead. "I'm sorry Rui. I'm just not getting something here," I said in a soft voice. Rui nodded. "It's okay. I would interrogate as well," he chuckled.

"You good, Rui?" Mui asked. Rui nodded. "I'm just going through a lot right now. F*** Mrs. Tanaka," he cussed. "Having me to bring back such memories..." he mumbled. "What was that?" I asked. "NOTHING," Rui said loudly.

》》》☆

"Y/n," Mui said, getting close to my ear. "Yes?" I asked, putting my computer away. "You haven't been paying attention to me lately," he said in my ear. I felt a tingle. "Mui, is that bad?" I asked. He nodded. "You know how I get when you don't pay attention to me," he said.

"Want cuddles later?" I asked. He grabbed my waist and put me on top of him. "I want them now," he mumbled in my ear. I blushed. "Fine. Cuddles now won't hurt I guess," I sighed in defeat.

He hugged me tight. "I love you, Y/n," he said as he kissed me. "I love you too, Muichiro," I said back.

We cuddled a bit longer than I expected. Which meant I couldn't work on this Puzzle for the Devil.

》》》》》》》》》》》☆

Hey!
It's me, Author-chan, or Megumi. :)
I'm here to announce that you are the best! Thank you all for reading and liking my stories. I'm planning to have a Q & A page on this story where you can ask the characters in this story anything and they'll answer for you.

I'm asking for your guy's approval because this is all for you guys. :D

Megumi out!