Problems With Children

Start from the beginning

"Yeah, I was pretty much done using it for now anyway," I add.

"You have nothing to fear! All I need is to do the same thing I watched Rimuru do last time!"

"I recommend you step back, this might not go well." Benimaru quietly advises me.

I nod and put some distance between me and the Argos console.

Veldora, grinning widely, places both hands on it.

"Now, watch!"

Veldora's hands glow and I feel an eerie chill when I'm hit with the sudden gust of wind that seems to be coming from him.

But then...

"Little Brother, what do you think you are doing?" A white figure appears behind Veldora out of nowhere, probably teleporting in using a skill.

"V-velzard...?" He sounds terrified.

"You think spying on your older sister is acceptable? I suppose our baby brother hasn't educated you enough to know that it is not."

"I never spied on you, I was just-"

"I don't need your confirmation, especially since I caught you with your hands on the device that was used!"

"No, you don't understand! I was just graciously fixi-!"

"Be quiet. You are coming with me so I can show you the consequences of your behavior."

I feel terrible. This is all my fault and now Veldora is gonna get punished! I need to say something before it's too late!

"Um... Ms. Velzard! It was my fault, so don't do anything to Veldora!" I plead.

Velzard glares at me. "Is a human really trying to take the fall for one of my little brother's countless misdeeds?"

"Um, I'm not taking the fall for him, but..."

"Don't volunteer yourself to consequences you aren't prepared to handle." She grins with a fierce glint in her eyes.

Under her gaze I find myself shaking uncontrollably, feeling the danger of this situation.

"No, wait, he's telling the truth! I'm innocent! Velzaaard!" Veldora utters a last cry of desperation that fades to nothing as he's dragged out of the room to who-knows-where.

"Oooh boy, that was scary!" Ramiris says, breaking the silence brought by Velzard practically kidnapping Veldora just then.

That was scary! I think I should let Rimuru know what happened...I know Velzard likes Rimuru better than Veldora.

{{Rimuru?}}

{{Yeah? What's up?}}

{{Velzard just took Veldora away because of a misunderstanding...that was my fault.}}

{{Don't worry about it. I'm sure Veldora will sort out the problem with her in a jiffy.}}

{{You think so?}}

{{They're my brother and sister, right? I know them well enough.}}

{{Velzard was angry again, though...I think she might hurt him!}}

{{Fine, I'll tell her not to hurt him. Veldora can sort out whatever 'misunderstanding' Velzard had after she chills out.}}

Grandpa gives me a comforting pat on the head, probably able to tell that I got pretty scared of Velzard just then.

I look over at the Argos console and see it sparking and smoking a bit, but with a testing poke of a button, it still doesn't respond. Whatever Veldora did to it didn't fix it and possibly made it worse, evidenced by the smoke I just mentioned.