Welcome to the Netherworld

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Rimuru POV

Once we stepped through the transport gate I was greeted with the sight of a giant mansion. The architecture of it is...strange...to say the least. Not that any of that stuff matters. Directly in front of us was a large set of doors that Diablo proceeded to knock on. After a few moments of waiting, we were greeted at the door by a butler. He's stoic, with little expression on his face. He has red hair and what are those? Cat ears? A tail too! How strange! I thought these creatures would closely resemble the demons I know back home but time apart must have caused many differences.

Ciel, analyze this cat-boy, please.

[[This individual has the strength and magicules equivalent to a greater demon.]]

So pretty strong but not anywhere near the level of my top subordinates, right?

[[Correct.]]

The butler says after stepping outside. He then noticed me standing next to Diablo, looking down at me with a soft look in his eyes, still mostly expressionless. He looks like he wants to ruffle my hair or something.

Oh, dammit! I forgot to change my size back before leaving! This is annoying, but I guess I'll have to roll with it for now, even if it's kinda awkward. If I suddenly changed size in front of strangers, they might freak out.

Seeing me craning my neck to look him in the eye he kneels to get down to my level. "May I ask, who this child you have brought with you is?" he asks with a bright look in his eyes. He almost looks excited, maybe he likes kids?

Once we are face to face for a moment, his expression changes. I see his eyes bulge a bit and a bead of sweat drips down his face. Any warmness that was in his expression is gone.

Is that...fear? No, it can't be! I look like a cute little kid right now! Ciel, I have been completely concealing my aura, right? I haven't felt any leak out.

[[I can confirm that you have not let out any aura.]]

Then what is up with his change in demeanor? He seems pretty freaked out!

[[Some creatures have heightened instincts when it comes to danger. Even if you seem harmless in every perceivable way, his instincts could be informing him of your true power and the danger it poses.]]

I guess that makes sense. I wonder what tipped him off though...

"Hello again, Opera. I would prefer if you referred to me as Diablo, the name given to me by my glorious master! The Great Demon Lord Rimuru Tempest!" Diablo proclaims in a grand tone, flamboyantly gesturing at my small body like he's revealing a prize on a game show. A smug grin is plastered across his face.

Despite Diablo's grandiose gesturing and booming announcement of my name and title, Opera seems to pay him no mind, his eyes still locked with mine. He isn't even blinking.

Kinda starting to creep me out a bit...better break the tension with a cheerful greeting!

"Hello, Opera! I'm Rimuru Tempest, but you can just call me Rimuru. As Diablo already said, I'm a Demon Lord where I come from. It's nice to meet 'cha!" I give my friendliest smile and reach out my tiny hand for him to shake.