The Quest Concludes

Punctuation Key:

"Spoken dialogue"

'Quoting'

*Action*

Emphasis

Internal thoughts/talking to Ciel

[[Ciel talking]]

{{Thought Communication}}

I also have a discord server for discussion, questions, suggestions, or whatever. https://discord.gg/SVkTU2CQ2s

Sullivan POV

"...so then, by the time I noticed that I made a mistake, I'd already been dragged to the infirmary by Iruma and Kalego," Rimuru says in between bites of food.

She's explaining what happened earlier since from everyone else's viewpoint, she lost consciousness during one of her classes.

"He made me stay there too, for the rest of the day! It was pretty annoying, but I managed to entertain myself anyway." she continues.

"You forgot to mention the part where your face ended up on Lead's lap, Rimuru." Iruma snickers.

"Don't make me think about that part!" Rimuru immediately protests.

"Heh."

"Anyway...I'm fine, so I hope I didn't worry you too much. I gave Kalego a fake explanation saying I was struggling to control my magic or whatever. The man seems to be convinced that my Parallel Existence skill is a type of bloodline magic, so I used that as an excuse, along with the fact that the entire school assumes Iruma and I are both on our evil cycles."

"There's no way I could do something like that, though, so how're we gonna explain that?! We're supposed to be twins, remember?" Iruma asks.

"That...that's a bit of a problem, isn't it..." Rimuru mutters.

"Mixed bloodlines are a thing, which results in siblings with different abilities sometimes," I interject to help them.

It's an odd thing to happen since usually, one bloodline magic is dominant over the other in mixed families, but in some, that isn't the case.

"I guess that could be used as an excuse...what should we say Iruma's is then? We need to come up with something for him."

"I think my ability to dodge would work," Iruma suggests.

"Yes, that should work...what should we call it though...?" Rimuru ponders for a moment before suddenly smiling and snapping her fingers. "How 'bout 'Overwhelming Crisis Evasion Capability'? It's pretty much the same as the 'Detect Danger' skill with an added reflex boost, so I think that name fits."

"That sounds stupid," Iruma says bluntly.

Iruma's insult of Rimuru's idea visibly upsets Diablo, who starts to shake, but all it takes is a look from Rimuru to put a stop to his anger.

"I think it sounds lovely, actually," I comment, thinking that name is just fine if a bit lengthy.

"Yes, my Lord, once again you show me your incredible naming prowess! What a delightful name to give such an ability!" Diablo adds from off to the side, holding a teapot, waiting eagerly for every opportunity to fill Rimuru's cup for her.

Rimuru ignores Diablo's over-the-top comment and simply continues.

"Do you have a better name for it, Iruma?" Rimuru asks with a slight smirk on her face.

Iruma hesitates for a moment, looking unsure, before responding with a hesitant "No..."

"Then Overwhelming Crisis Evasion Capability it is!" Rimuru says triumphantly.